Ratings for Dr. Anoop Nayar

Dr. Nayar is very friendly and tries to take care of all your needs but only one problem at a time. He seems to be very busy but trie to keep his appointments punctual to the point of making you feel extremely rushedl. I find myself dreading to make an appointment because of the attitude of the receptionist. It is very frustrating to have to book an appointment for one thing only. My body has problems in more than one place at a time. I would like him to deal with the whole person. I think he would save more time in the long run if he did. He refers you to a specialist when necessary. It frequently seems to take the office a long time to get the referral appointments though. Mrs. Nayar makes a lovely, friendly addition to the office and is so pleasant when answering the telephone. Margaret is a lovely nurse as well.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

Just moved here from Alberta.My husband and myself saw Dr Nayar.Very nice Dr.As for his staff they are the most rude people I have ever encountered.They argued with me regarding my Alberta health card number that I didn't have enough numbers,then turned around an told me my husband and myself are not the right fit.Not very profecional at all.and from what I am told this was his wife.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

Dr Nayar has been our doctor since he came to Burlington and took over the practice. He is truly an old style doctor that takes the time to explain things and has alot of patience dealing with my elderly mother. He has always been sincere and truthful to me about my health. his lovely wife is a great addition to the office, but over the years his receptionist has mellowed but is a truly driven person and runs his office very efficiently. Look past her sharpness and see that she tries to move the patients through and accommodate others to see the doctor.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

Has been my family's doctor for two generations. hes always willing to work with us to suit our needs and is always ready to address any of our concerns. The only down fall is that he tends to be moderately busy sometimes as he has many aging patients, but that doesn't generally stop him from taking the time to go through you options thoroughly, and they do not have an active voicemail which can make it difficult to get in touch with him by phone occasionally.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Nayar has been oir family DT. for three generations of people now. He's confident, thorough and down to earth. I've never been made to feel I "must" follow a course of treatment, or get a flu shot (example).

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

I have nothing really bad to say about Dr. Nayar he went above and beyond what he had to do to make me feel cared for. He checked up on me when I was going through something I didn't even know he knew about and always remembers the little details of my health that even I have forgotten! Thank you Dr. Nayar, you treated my girlfriends family then took me in when I had no doctor good man! Oh and the receptionist is just a driven person just be patient and she will grow on you we all like her.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Dr. Nayar does have his downsides however overall I think that he is a great doctor who cares about his patients and ensures that their needs are taken care of. He has always made me feel comfortable and followed up with me regarding my medical needs. As for his receptionist, I have never encountered such a big B**** in my life. I have been going to the office for almost 16 years now and she has never talked to anyone politely. My mom has brought her in coffee and even gifts for Christmas, still she has been the same. There is no point in even engaging a conversation with this woman, as soon as you check in with her she has this annoyed grin on her face. I called in to make an appointment and said 'goodmorning' and she replies with 'what.' I really do not know why Nayar has her still considering all the complaints she has received, she makes everyone feel uncomfortable and I feel everyone has to try really hard not to get her mad which is impossible.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

Dr. Nayar's front receptionist is rude and has very little manners or personality. I was waiting in his office today and I could hear Evelyn rudely yell at a patient. She should be replace with someone who is friendly, courteous and smiles. Get some balls Dr. Nayar and get rid of her.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

I find him a good Doctor but he needs a new receptionist. She has a bad personality.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

He has some good qualities, some bad ones. Overall he seems to rely on blood-tests for just about ANYthing, which drives me nuts. As well, he seems to misplace paperwork, seems kinda unorganized. One thing that really REALLY ticks me off is the little guilt-trips he gives when it's time to refill certain prescriptions. If a med works, it works. I can't do anything to change that fact. As well it has to be noted that his receptionist is a real piece of work. I don't know what went wrong in her life, but this woman makes everyone feel like they are SERIOUSLY inconveniencing her even by just checking in. She obviously forgot how to smile years ago, and is such a negative force in that office. So overall I'd rate Dr. Nayer a 5/10 - he's friendly and kind for the most part. If I could rate the reception, I'd give her a -20 (at best!)

flag | Submitted July 23, 2012