Ratings for Dr. Camilla C. Hersh

Extremely kind, well informed, great staff. She save my life!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Very similar experience to the other negative reviews. Dr. Hersch and Lynn the nurse prscticioner are knowledgeable but wait times for appointments are over an hour without any apologies. The nurses can't speak intelligently about your care. The practitioners don't review your chart or know anything about your previous visits. They don't call back with critical labs or tests. This is my first pregnancy and I had an ectopic pregnancy scare. They called me a week after my ultrasound to tell me there might be something wrong with my baby and it wasn't even a practitioner it was a nurse that could not answer any of my questions. Worst of all the sent blood work to an out network lab and cost me 5000 dollars in unnecessary tests. When I called to talk to someone at the office they told me no one could speak with me. I wrote a letter to the practice manager and Dr. Hersch to describe my negative experiences and was ignored. Would not recommend this practice and wish I had read reviews before seeking prenatal care there.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

I have had the WORST experience with this doctor and her staff. I think they just expect dissatisfied patients to just go away, but I really want peope to undertand and think twice before visiting this doctor and her practice. I have had the WORST experience with getting scheduled as a follow up with Dr. Hirsch for a procedure she recommended on the first visit. The staff was not knowledgable and did not advise me correctly on insurance and financial responsibility. I tried several times to re-schedule with Dr. Hirsch and was told by her staff that she had other patients who were more important than me and I could see her partner physician, Dr. Swanson, should have known that was a mistake too, as Dr. Swanson also cancelled my appointment the day of my appointment. Horrible customer service and delay in treatment and now I am looking for a new Gyn doctor due to the issues from Beginning of June 2017 until now d of July just to get a 2nd appointment. HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

I honestly dont even know where to begin. Dr. Hersh has been amazing. I encountered some serious issues and even though I was a new patient it was like I became the top of her priority list. She is very personable and so genuine. I ended up having a complicated fibroid surgery but even through the complications she made me feel ok and that every would be alright. She just immediately makes you feel comfortable which is important to me because i am not the biggest fan of hospitals and going to the doctor but when I see her I am at ease to know I am in good hands. A ladies' cupcake is a fragile delicate place and she provides the care and knowledge you need without being overbearing.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Hersh for over 20 years. She has seen me through 3 births and a hysterectomy. She has always taken the time to listen to my concerns and has explained conditions, procedures and options is a clear and easy to understand manner. There is no other physician I would trust more with my health. Her staff is friendly and caring.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

I can not say enough good things about Dr Hersh and the entire practice at VWHA. I had my total hysterectomy in early Oct of 2015. I had spent years in discomfort and went to several gynecologists until I found Dr. Hersh who recommended the surgery and said "you will not miss your uterus". Dr Hersh spent so much time explaining the procedure and answering my pages of questions. I had several doctors before Dr. Hersh recommend a hysterectomy but I never felt comfortable with the decision until I met Dr. Hersh. I literally woke up from my surgery and felt relief from all the pain and pressure I had been dealing with for years. My only regret is that I did not find Dr. Hersh sooner and had the surgery years earlier. Dr Hersh and the entire staff have been a blessing. Dr Hersh is the first Dr I have ever found who takes unlimited time during my exams to talk about not only my gynecological concerns but all of my health concerns. Dr. Hersh is an A+ physician and surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

Dr Hersh is incredibly medically competent and knowledgable. Amy and Lynn are fantastic as well. I can't say enough good things regarding this practice as I have referred many of my friends here who also have found it to be helpful, accommodating and friendly!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

If you are past baby years and in perfect health, this practice might work for you. If not, stay away. They have, from what it seems, too many patients to handle. You will just be another number to them, and you will NOT get individualized care. I have gone through two pregnancies at this practice, both were high risk, and I think something would have gone wrong if not for me following up on my own lab work and my insistence that they notify my high risk doctors in a timely fashion. Dr. Hersh may be a great doctor, but she told me she works 80 hour weeks because there is just too much work. You're lucky if you see her for 5 minutes--and this is a high risk pregnancy patient speaking. The nurses are nice, but they do not follow up with you. I think it's astounding to have to call yourself to find out that your lab results came in days before and they were critical. In my last pregnancy, I was high risk of developing again a life threatening complication. Not only did they not check my blood work at the end of the pregnancy, they questioned why I had blood work done at work, which showed that I was developing the same complication. When they finally decided to check my blood again, they did not mark it Stat, and it took days to come in. When it come back even more negative, they told me it shouldn't be a problem. Then I had more labs done. 2 days later I called in to see if they were back, and the nurse said that the number was quite high but shouldn't be a problem. I asked for those results to be sent to my high risk doctor, which she sighed and said okay. This was 38 weeks and I decided to go to work. 2 hours later, they call me to tell me I'm delivering in a couple of hours that day because apparently it was bad. What if I had never called?? What if I didn't ask for the results to be checked by my other doctor? This is not what the patient should be doing. Go to another OB. One that actually cares about you and monitors your health. Oh, and one that doesn't make you wait an hour for a 5 minute OB appt (i.e. blood pressure and weight check).

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Hersh for the past 15 years. She has been an excellent doctor - both knowledgeable and thorough. She is up-to-date on all aspects of her medical specialty. She spends time with me - I do not feel rushed. She saw me through uterine cancer 6 years ago. When advising me of the test results, she gave me options and when I gave her my preference, she stopped immediately and called a surgeon to get me an appointment. She cares about her patients as does her nurse, Christine. Christine also spends time with me at each visit by reviewing my history and laying out what the current visit will entail. I highly recommend Dr. Hersh.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Dr. Hersh is kind, caring, knowledgeable, and treats her patients with respect. I had had a few issues before my GP sent me to her own doctor, Dr. Hersh. What a change! She listened and gave me choices, treating me as a partner in my own health care. No matter where I move (now about 50 minutes away), I will make the trip to see her. The staff is wonderful... even on a day when the new scheduling system was not working properly and two patients showed up very late. Top notch group.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

Dr. Camilla C. Hersh's Credentials

• Univ Of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 48109 (Grad. 1980)

UnitedHealthcare