Ratings for Dr. Jonathan R. Sachs

I saw Dr. Sachs in June, what he "thought " was the problem was completely wrong. After performing an endoscopy he found numerous ulcers, he was in and out of the procedure within 7 minutes!! He prescribed meds which I had reactions, several calls talking to nurses and a co-pay of $50 to see his PA who had no answers, I'm worse off than the initial visit. I feel horrible. Now waiting to see another gastrointestinal doctor I hope will have answers. He treats out patients like sheep. Get them in and out quickly, does not spend time with them after procedure. Poor bedside manner.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

I have been the patient of 5 or 6 Gastroenterologists in the past 10 years. When I saw Dr. Sachs he was thorough, included me in the discussion. very, very smart. I felt very comfortable as his patient and fortunate. I have so many health care needs and see so many Drs. It was really nice to have a Dr. that showed care and respect.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I was a patient of Dr. Sachs for 18 years Princeton, NJ, and I can not thank him enough for all he has done for me. He always took the time to make sure I understood everything he said and never once rushed me out of the office. He would always find time to get me in his office whenever I had an issue. I cant thank him enough for giving me a quality life back.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Dr. Jonathan has a friendly smile and may have all the experience in the world, but the arrangements at Vancouver Clinic are shambolic and even amusing . After I referred to Dr. Sachs by the Urgent Care because of what they considered was a chronic problem that a specialist should look at. After the first appointment with Dr. Sachs, I was set up to do a scan. In the follow up appointment, the key meeting, where the follow up treatment are meant to be discussed, I am schedule NOT with Dr. Sachs, but with a Physician Assistant, whose "experience" is "two years in medical school". What the clinic will put you through is the equivalent of a "drive-through care" where Dr. Sachs shows up in the first meeting, but be prepared to receive follow on care in the form of "McAdvice" through his "Physician assistant". I can't image any professional job in which you would be allow to provide specialist advice after going through college, let along what you would expect when you are seeking here is advice from a first-rate specialist because your general physician thinks your condition needs an expert opinion.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

He was in rushed and didn't have time for me. He casually blew off test results and the opinion of two well respected doctors from another state. He told me I could see his PA next time I need to come in. I felt like he didn't want to see me. I'm looking for another GI doctor as I don't want to see him either. One of the few doctors from The Vancouver Clinic that I've been disappointed with.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

It is obvious that Dr. Sachs is very well informed in his field and is a caring person. He treated me like an intelligent person with respect in the way he took time to explain everything to me and my spouse. I feel so grateful to have found him to treat my problem and help me recover. I highly recommend him to anyone seeking a very smart, capable doctor. CS from Portland.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

I thought Dr. Sachs was excellent and knew what he was doing and talking about. He gives eye contact and smiles and is experienced so what more does one need. Elaine Armstrong Vancouver, Washington

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

Doesn't listen to the patient. Totally test based -- which has it's place -- but without listening to the client the experience is unpleasant and unhelpful. It's as though he puts absolutely zero faith in the patient having a clue about how they feel. One appointment was all I could stand.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2009

I have been a patient for over 20 years and in all that time, Dr. Sachs has always provided me with the best care and advice. He takes the time to expalin things "in English" and nevr once have I ha dot wait more than 20 kjinutes to see him.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

Both my spouse and I found him difficult. I spent over a year, thousands of dollars, and numerous, repeated "procedures" and tests ,without getting improvement, or even diagnosis or any change from the initial treatment. He does not like to explain things and does not treat the patient like an intelligent, educated person who wants to take an active role in their own health. His staff vary from very nice to quite the opposite. His nurse can be quite abrupt, bordering on rude. They do not respond well to emergencies.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2008

Dr. Jonathan R. Sachs's Credentials

• Medical College Of Pennsylvania (Grad. 1984)