Ratings for Dr. John Dickson

If you are an injured worker, stay away! I cannot emphasize this enough. I have never been treated so badly in my life. I was told to go and find myself a husband if I was too lazy to work. My feet are black blue and swollen. Went up 2 shoe sizes. Severe arthritis on MRI in back and feet but there is nothing wrong with me. When I said yes, there is something wrong he said, "Well, I bet that started hurting really bad as soon as you saw that MRI." Condescending, insulting, just plain cruel. My paralegals secretary pulled out several letters from him and read out the insulting things that he had said about other clients, leaving out the names of course. I can't work and can't get any treatment so that I can return to work and this sick man has the nerve to call me lazy. Stay away. WSIB will use his vitriol to cut off your cheque or deny necessary treatment.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Criticism of Janie is not adequate enough!!!! I have complained about her to the doctor several times. I do not know how the elderly can possibly deal with her!! I only continue here because the doctor is excellent,up to date on treatments....too many good things to say about him. Maybe it is time for Janie to retire!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Treated me horribly. He looked at me like I was a disgusting human being. Very bad service.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

Dr Dickson is the most patient doctor I have ever seen. I saw him twice and he is never in a rush. He responds all questions! I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Dr. Dickson went out of his way to try to help my husband have the best quality of life that was possible. He always took the time to listen and ask questions to see if there was anything extra that he could do to help. He even went so far as to call us at home himself to follow-up on a call about something we found urgent. MOST CARING DOCTOR OF THE ONES I HAVE HAD TO DEAL WITH!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

No matter when I go to see Dr. Dickson with some new product or procedure I have read about, HE ALREADY KNOWS about it and can explain it and if possible recommends its use. BUT I also have to complain about one of his receptionist. I have had to complain to the doctor about her attitude. This is so terrible since I believe Dr. Dickson is the BEST RHEUMATOLOGIST EVER!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

I love Dr Dickson but have to get a referral to a different doctor because of how difficult his receptionist is. For the third time I was given a card with an appointment time and date and again went in for my appointment to be told it was the day before and the next available appointment is not for 3 months. I have a rare autoimmune disease and recently found out about another that showed up in some tests I had and as a result of the negligence by his receptionist, it is still left untreated and I am in an incredible amount of pain every day. I am very careful with my appointments and how I keep track of them. When my appointment card, in HER handwriting says something different than what she says her computer says, there is a very big problem! As a result, I really don't want to deal with this anymore since I live in a different city and don't drive. It is a waste of my time and my money. When I asked why reminder calls are not made (especially when follow-up appointments range from 4 to 6 months in the future) I was told she is "way too busy to make reminder calls". Completely disgusted and disillusioned! There is a shortage of specialists in my area as it is and now it will be another 3 months before I will be seen again, assuming this appointment will Be honored!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Great doctor..doesn't give up..Bed side manner wonderful and he doesn't hurry you out..

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Dr. Dickson is the best rheumatologist and doctor available. He is thorough, knowledgeable, caring and provides patients with the best care imaginable. Janie is a fantastic assistant, who will take the extra time to remind us of appointments or get us in sooner if there is a cancellation. Asked Janie at my last visit how long I have been a patient (seems like a lifetime...Teeheehee), the answer is 16 years. Dr. Dickson diagnosed me with Lupus in 2000. I see him faithfully every 5 months or more if required. Janie and I have grown together, she continues to provide me with prompt appointments and takes my questions to the doctor as required. To those who criticize Dr. Dickson's staff, please remember that we all have concerns and want to be seen immediately however there are other patients whose condition is worse and take priority. Staff should not be used as a sounding board for our frustrations. Personally witnessed patients taking their frustration out on the staff member, this is not right and I commend her for never loosing her composure. I highly recommend Dr. Dickson. Want to thank both him and Janie for the excellent care provided me through the years.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Great doctor---wish all doctors would take a lesson from him. Only problem is that he is so busy it is difficult to get appointments, and twice a year is not enough for such a serious illness as rheumatoid disease. Receptionist is difficult, and the hours to call are limited---I find it easier to go there with my questions than to phone. Best doctor ever.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015