Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Robert G. MacDonald

Worst place ever...cannot believe my dentait refeered me to this place. Statf are rude, i got completely ripped off and they really dont care about punctuality at all.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2018

My dentist referred me to this guy because he charges same fees as general dentists for root canals. That wasn't exactly true but you get what you pay for. His bedside manner is terrible and he's rough. He didn't make eye contact or talk much the whole time I was there. My tooth is still sore months later. There's a reason he charges lower fees! Go to a real specialist and pay for the service.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

Dr. Robert G. MacDonald's response
Unfortunately you were misinformed you about our fees. The fees are also discussed with you at the time of your appointment. We do not charge the same fees as a general dentist because we are specialist office. I am confused in regards to your concern, is the problem a high fee or the fact that we offer you a discount on your treatment? Dr. MacDonald makes sure to maintain professionalism with all of his patients, perhaps some people may get offended if he does not carry a full conversation, however you have to understand that he needs to focus on the treatment. We do sincerely apologize for having offended you and please remember that we encourage everyone to let us know if your tooth continues to be a problem. Communication is very important to assure you obtain the attention you deserve.

Submitted June 16, 2018

CAUTION: EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE temporary root canal, my bill $1,800.00 and my out of pocket payment $952.00 thanks to my stupid dentist for referring me!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2018

Dr. Robert G. MacDonald's response
Specialists can be costly, especially if the treatment is complex. We make sure to review the cost as well as your insurance coverage based on the information we obtain from them. We understand your frustration in terms of your portion out of pocket however, we do our best to work with your insurance for maximum coverage. Unfortunately, it all depends on the type of policy you have and that is ultimately out of our control. Your dentist has to do what is best for you in terms of your treatment. Perhaps a little more communication from your side should have been attempted so that we could have reviewed different treatment options based on your economic circumstances, as we do offer payment plans to aid with the cost of your treatment. We hope you find this helpful however if you are still in doubt please do not hesitate to contact our office.

Submitted June 1, 2018

I have recently had a root canal with Dr. Macdonald. His staff was very professional and welcoming. The procedure was not nearly as bad as anticipated. He is very professional, and the end result turned out to be very successful. Thank you Doctor MacDonald. Job well done!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2018

I’ve had my root canal treatment done last week. I’m very impressed. I didn’t feel any pain during or after the treatment. I was actually very hungry and ate my lunch right after my appointment and it was great, no pain or any discomfort. Dr. MacDonald is very knowledgeable and experienced and he does great job. Thank you doc.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

I had one of my tooth root removal surgery to save my tooth. I recommend Dr. Macdonald, and he tried his best to save my tooth. I have no pain after root removal surgery. Thank you for your caring. James Thank you

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

I've seen Dr. MacDonald on a few occasions for the same tooth and his manner was very professional for each visit. I needed to have a root canal re-done and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Unfortunately the tooth needed to be extracted several years later and he was honest to tell me that he'd do something if he felt the tooth could be saved which is very ethical and saved me $$$ in the end. An excellent endodontist.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

Excellent experience. Very helpful. Highly recommend Dr. MacDonald.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

Great staff and very helpful with dealing with dental plans. Dr. MacDonald is very skillfull and caring.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2018

A difficult but successful and painless root canal treatment. Also pain free next day.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018