Ratings for Dr. Rolf C. Sohlberg

Dr Sohlberg is the most proficient, experienced, and respected hand specialist in the Portland metro area. We felt fortunate to have this level of specialist available to us when we needed surgery.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

I had paronychia, which is when infection gets into the finger. I was squeezing a well bunch of pus several times a day. I was most concerned about induration on the bottom of my finger, which felt like a pea under the skin. I came to doctor Sohlberg on 6th week of my issue, he looked at it and said that everything's fine. On my question about the pea he answered he does not know what it is. This was the kind of answer I was expecting least of all from a specialist taking $300 for 10 minutes. I asked several times if there is pus in my finger and he assured me there was no. During my second visit ten days later we were arguing if there is pus in my finger. Finally, doctor Sohlberg gave me phone numbers of 3 other doctors whom I consult if I don’t trust him. Two weeks later the pea was still there. Fortunately I was able to find a doctor who cut my finger and released a quarter teaspoon of pus. I do not know what would happen if I listened to doctor Sohlberg and left this issue as is.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

Dr. Sohlberg was great. He was on time, friendly, and thorough. I went to 3 different orthos for my broken hand and none of them went through the pros and cons of my options like Dr. Sohlberg. He even looked at my x-rays BEFORE he came in to see me...that's a first!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

He performed basal joint replacement surgery on both thumbs and I couldn't be happier with the results. You have to search for the scars from the incisions. Wonderful to be pain-free!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2010

Seemed like a nice doctor but he didn't listen to my wrist pain problems. He just sent me to occupational therapy. Then when my workers comp denied my claim he didn't support my claim that is was work related even when another doctor did. Work related! I do nothing but type. He also changed $450 for a one page summary of the 10 minutes he spend with me. I wouldn't recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2008

Dr. Rolf C. Sohlberg's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)