Ratings for Dr. Chantal Haussmann

I understand she retired but is working walk in clinics. Should have retired. First time I have encountered any Canadian doctor spewing personal ideas of medicine over tried and true. If she is going to continue to practice, needs to take a year of updating ... at least.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Sadly she has retired. She had a godawful assistant who made access at times challenging. I found her to be excellent (the doctor that is), willing to break rules to give you better care, and a rare one, willing to proactively get on the phone and bug and bug and bug to get you sooner referrals. I hope she is happy in her overseas medical volunteering.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

The receptionist was nice enough and I waited less than 5 minutes total. However once Dr. Haussmann came in, she asked only 2-3 questions about my very bad tension headaches, and immediately wrote a prescription for something I have never heard of. She didn't offer any more information and I was in too much pain to stay and ask. At the pharmacy I found out that the prescription was to a completely different person and when the pharmacist called the clinic, there was no answer and I couldn't get it filled. I would have been better off taking extra strength Advil and resting. A total waste of time.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

The receptionist is HORRIBLE! She can't keep track of the appointments and tries to charge you for missed imaginary appointments that you KNOW you never booked. She gets her appointments and names messed up and blames the patient. I spoke to Dr. H several times about her rudeness and was basically told it was my problem. Dr. H was nice the first few appointments and then basically didn't listen to anything after that and rather tell you about her trips than care what I came there for. I'm not into doctors who don't care less and an appointment is not a social call for her to jabber on about herself.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

Dr. Haussman was my doctor for a very short time in 2005. I liked her on the first visit and hoped we would have a good relationship. She went away to China and had a locum covering for her and I was scheduled for a pap test. My dad died on the Mon before the Thurs appt, so I called on Mon to cancel, as we were planning the funeral for Fri. When I saw Dr. H for the rescheduled appt, she started off being angry with me for cancelling the appt. How was she supposed to ever go away if her patients refused to see her locums? When I told her that my dad died that week, she didn't apologize for her anger. In addition, she had referred me to a neurologist earlier because I had facial numbness. When I then told her that it had gone away after three weeks, she told me to cancel the appt with the neurologist so that he could see people who really needed to see him. Now that I have been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, it appears it was an early warning sign. I changed docs then.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2012

I was assigned to this Dr a few years ago when my own left Vancouver - I'm generally somewhat underwhelmed with the service, though not dissatisfied but her nazi receptionist is the most miserable and downright rude front desk person I've ever met - in person and on the phone. I've mentioned this to the Doc but clearly nothing has ever been done. I'll never forget the time the snotty Receptionist called me at home to set up a PAP appointment and when I later called to cancel it, she had no record and insisted I must have 'thought' that I booked but didn't, even though she'd called ME! Since she forgot to write it down, it was determined to be my fault, my ignorance, my make-believe that I'd even booked and my stupidity for booking an appointment that she clearly knew nothing about. God forbid she should admit to being WRONG! As for Dr Haussmann I find her to be polite but vacant, generally vague on follow-up to tests/x-rays etc. and allowing just 1 problem per visit is ridiculous!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Haussmann's for many years, and have been very happy with her help on quite a number of medical issues. She is efficient in manner, but very helpful, and I have not had any trouble bringing up multiple issues in one visit (although she has sometimes asked that I make a new appointment for something complex, which only seems fair). She is very willing to consider and discuss my opinion when I have done my own research on some issue, including alternative treatments, which I find refreshing compared to some previous doctors. She also seems to have personal knowledge regarding many specialists and has made good recommendations in important cases. Overall, I feel lucky to have her.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2011

I just found out that I have to go in for a biopsy. Apparently the biopsy clinic tried contacting me a month ago but I didn't receive the message. Dr. Haussman had me in for a follow up for test results. I was in her office 2 times over the past month. She neglected to tell me these results. I confirmed with Xray that she received the report from them. The Xray dept. received written confirmation that Dr. Haussman received my results. This is outrageous! Her receptionist is horrible too. She does bark at you and asks you why you want to see the Dr. It's really none of her business that is why I talk to my doctor. Dr. Haussman also doesn't care. I came in to have a 3 page form filled out for a physical for work. She filled out the form but didn't take any time to do any of the tests required. She then charged me $175 for the 10 min visit but didn't actually do anything other than write on the form. Horrible doctor and horrible experiences.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2011

Dr H has been my Dr for 20 years and I am very happy with her. She always asks me about my activities and vacations and remembers things I've told her about myself. Yes she's often away in the summer for a while but the replacement Dr's have always been good. I would agree that her receptionist isn't a very personable but as for Dr H I haven't experienced any of the negative issues that have been brought up here. I won't be looking for another Dr anytime soon.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2011

I have been a patient here for years and as a doctor I'm fairly happy with her. But it is impossible now to get an appointment on short notice (unfortunate reality, illness sometimes is short notice), even - as in my case - when symptoms are pain so severe that it is impossible to sleep or work, and a prescription would make the accelerating infection go away. I was told I'd have to wait over two weeks. I called back begging as the pain increased and was brusquely told a cancellation in 6 days' time was the only alternative. I've never felt pain like that, and a prescription takes less than 5 minutes. The reality is that if you become a patient here, when a health issue is urgent you'll be on your own and trying medical clinics, which means your health records and history will be all over the place...unless you can win over the receptionist.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2010