Ratings for Dr. D Philippson

Complete idiot. Another mainstream doctor that hasn't learned enough science therefore doesn't recognize a legitimate physical problem. Came to emerg, wasn't able to eat due to bowel not passing feces. Extreme workout girl and incredibly sick losing 25 pounds due to pain passing feces with lax. Only way to pass. He made it sound like I had psyche problems and though did a CT to show no obstruction, REFUSED to grasp the concept I knew it was muscle motility and needed med attention and a specialist. Came in so sick and was told by him verbatum if I came back they'd send me home. Nothing he was willing to look into. Went to emerg at St Paul's in Van. They couldn't believe in my shape he'd turned me away with psyche suggestion. Identified a serious motility issue as well as deemed incredibly sane and have an expert helping me resolve though still quite sick. All Phillipson honors is psychiatry. Complete idiot as said. Doesn't have any sense to identify real physical problems. Arrogant.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2014

Used to be my GP. Went in one time because I had a cold with a severe cough that was so made it was making me gag and throw up. I told him this and he insisted I was 'bulimic' all because I was "too thin" as he said. I have muscular dystrophy! Of course I'm thin. He then insisted on this special diet. First of all someone with an eating disorder needs specialized help including therapy along with supervised care and a diet to 'fatten them up' won't help. They just won't follow it. Second, he's an idiot.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

Amazing doctor. He delivered me and now my daughter. Always takes his time to explain anything you are unsure of in terms you can actually understand. Although he is hardley "on time" its only because he is so busy and doesnt rush anyone. Not looking forward to the day he retires!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2012

he delivered me when I was born I love him so much I know he cares about me.. I've been going through some injures for about 2 years & he is so helpful !

flag | Submitted January 21, 2012

It is a privilege to have Dr Philippson as my General Practitioner. He is a very knowledgeable, dedicated practitioner who cares deeply for his patients. He has seen me through, and comforted me through many a health crisis, and for this I owe him a sincere debt of gratitude. Thank you Dr. Philippson. I don't approve of having to fill in the punctuality rating, because I know that my being kept waiting is because he has been called to the hospital, is attending to an emergency, or is spending necessary time with another patient, as he does with me. I wouldn't have it any other way.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2011

Dan is the most personable and best family doctor I have ever had. When your doctor phones you at 7 PM because of some results, you know he cares.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2010

Never is dismissive and always finds out what the problem is. Best Doctor I have ever had.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2010

Dr. Dan has been my dr. well since I was born, he delivered me. I have seen other Dr.s and none of them even come close to him. He is so caring, passionate about his job, and takes the his time to get to the problem. I never feel rushed out of his office. He is always late but he is worth waiting for and I just plan for it now. He is now my daughters Dr and soon to be my son's Dr as well. He missed the birth o fmy daughter because he was away, but made a huge effort to try and make it, but hte ferry just wasn't quick enough. And then he still came in afterwards to see how we made out with the birth, when he wasn't even supposed to be working. Wonderful, wonderful doctor, I trust him completely with families and my life.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Dan for 22 or so years as is my husband and daughter. I feel very fortunate to have him as our doctor. Understand that punctuality is not important- he will see you without an appointment when emergencies arise...that's why he may be behind...I apprecate that he is available for us in that way. I doubt he has room for new patients...that in inself speaks more than any words I can print.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2010

Dr.Dan is always caring and concerned, even when he doesn't have the time..he makes the time to see exactly what is the problem. He doesn't mind sending you to a specialist. He will try and find out what he problem is..very through.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2009