Ratings for Dr. Morag Fisher

Dr. Fisher has been my physician for 12 years and has helped me more than I could ever explain. She continued to see me as a patient after I left addictions treatment, and has quite literally saved my sanity more than once as well as taking tremendously good care of me. I will remember how she helped me and what a good person she was for the rest of my life, and I will always be grateful.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

Dr. Fisher is a terrific doctor, and a wonderful person! I too would wait for days for see her -- I never mind if she's late b/c she takes whatever time is necessary with every patient. I am one of those who came to see her and ended up staying well past my appointed time. An excellent listener, understanding, and certainly willing to refer when she feels it is necessary. I'm in my sixties and have made doctors in the past, but she is by far the best. She understands addiction, is non-judgmental, and has extremely help suggestions. I hope she never retires!

Submitted February 20, 2015

Dr Fisher has been my doctor for 6 years. She has seen me through alchoholism and depression. I often wait up to one hour for my appointment but I am aware that because she has the integrity to truly listen and look after her clients she may indeed be late. Well what a gloreous thing to be listened too and looked after. Dr Fisher is truly a wonderful doctor and an amazing human being. She exemplifies what a health care professinal should be. Dr. Fisher thank you for your commitment and caring heart.

Submitted January 23, 2014

Didn't listen to me. Wasn't willing to work with me to fight through my addiction with alternative approaches. Since getting a new doctor who was willing to work with me, I no longer struggle with alcohol/drugs.

Submitted December 15, 2012

Dr. Fisher, what a gem is all I can say. Unfortunately they don't make them like her anymore.She is a real professional and cares about her patients and is non-judgmental but thorough. I haven't seen her for awhile as I don't require her assistance but I can't add enough how great this Dr.was.

Submitted November 18, 2012

Dr. Fisher has helped me change my life. Her none judgemental manner made it easy for me to be honest with her about my addiction. We worked through it together as a team. First, I got sober then she went to great lengths to help me find why I was in so much physical pain. She treated me with respect and believed me. As a 52 year old woman you do get to know your body and she and I together solve many pains I had for years. Now 5 years later we even have some good laughs on how wonderful life can be giving up drugs and alcohol. Thank you Dr. Fisher and I would wait days to see her. She treats you like you are the only one. God Bless her.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2009

Although Dr Fisher is not always on time, I would wait day's to see her with out batting an eye lash. If she is late, I know it is because some one needed her, and she gave them the attention they deserved. She seems to be able to practice great medicine WITH a great bed side manner, so to speak. I feel that if it was not for Dr. Fisher, there is a good chance I would not be sober today (8 months) and getting a second chance at life. Dr. Fisher is the kindest, most intelligent Dr. I have ever seen, and I know when I am in her office, she is really, truly, there with me. Dr. Fisher, you are a gem, and we are so lucky to have you here in our city. Thank you, from the bottom of my sober heart!!!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2009

Being a physician myself, I often look to Dr. Fisher for inspiration and strength. She trully cares about her patients (and we are all junkies or alcoholics, sober or not) and I agree she has earned the right to be skeptical of what we say, for the addict's 2nd job (besides using) is lying in order to use. Myself included. She has helped me maintain over 8 years of sobriety, and never makes me feel ashamed of my history. She cares about my emotional, social and medical well-being, and if she hadn't seen me urgently a bad pneumonia and a blood clot in my leg would have been left undiagnosed or left to worsen. Thank God she chose addiction medicine, I can't think of someone who has the patience, caring and gentle nature that she has. She gets my vote for Physician of the Year, that is for sure! We love you Dr. Fisher, thanks for all your time!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

ditto, my old dr. in Manitoba, now in Ontario where they are hard to find like her: I love Dr. Fisher! She has a very gentle way and really does listen. She understands the whole mind, body, spirit thing and always makes sure to take the time to catch up on how you've been so that she gets the overall picture. I highly recommend her.

Submitted December 3, 2007

Dr. Morag Fisher is a real gem of a doctor and a person in general. She has a heart of gold and has really gone above and beyond the call of duty for me many times. She is an excellect listener and clinician. At times she has been skeptical of me, but given that she works with alcoholics and addicts this is not surprising--we have a tendency to weave lies when not on the straight and narrow. She has helped me keep my sobriety and my sanity and has been ++supportive. Compared to other MDs I have worked with that specialized in addiction medicine she is by far the best, by a long shot. See her if you can!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2007