Ratings for Dr. Margaret R. Somerall

I have been seeing Dr. Somerall since July of 2010. She's very friendly... however, I have learned in the past 2 days that I have polycistic ovarian syndrome and she NEVER told me. Whenever I call to get test results or anything of that nature, it takes days, sometimes 2 weeks, to get a call back. Her staff is incredibly rude and treats me like a piece of dirt. Her nurse that takes blood doesn't seem to care about what she's doing. She'll put the needle in my hand and won't hold it still... just lets it move around in there. Several times, she's caused the vein to pop because of this. She apologized for not being 'on track' but there's no excuse for that. I found out about my PCOS because I requested them to transfer my medical files to a different doctor, as I will NOT be going back to her. The nurse for the new doctor said, 'Oh, so you are being treated for PCOS?' Nope, had no clue.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

difficult to make contact with over the phone

flag | Submitted May 14, 2010

Dr. Margaret R. Somerall's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1982)

MSP/BC Med