Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey S. Peller

I've seen Dr. Peller several times. I was treated well by the staff, and didn't usually have to wait very long at all. My disappointment is only with Dr. Peller himself. He seems to be an intelligent man, generally speaking. But he lacks, in my opinion, the empathy and manners needed to be an effective doctor. Frankly, it is hard for me to understand how others commenting here could possibly say he is polite. I've seen him personally, and with my then-wife, and he was never, not even once, what I would describe as polite. He is the most condescending doctor I've seen (which is saying a lot, since that is a familiar adjective in the field). He usually talked down to me in an incredibly obvious manner. Once, I saw another doctor in Atlanta for a 2nd opinion (Dr. Elizabeth Butler, who is very respected...and nice). Upon telling Dr. Peller that she disagreed with his diagnosis of RA, I was berated repeatedly for giving her diagnosis any weight. For me, this was the last straw and I haven't been to him since.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

He is very patient and knowledgeable and explains everything to us.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2012

I sit here today wondering WHY I am going back to this dr! He has done nothing but question what I tell him & his nurse has the compassion of a rock! Front office staff is nice. I dread the visits, some days nice, some days I feel I am intruding on his day! Don't question my pain! I know what I feel!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2011

I have a mild autoimmune disease but it greatly affects my life. I am a young, single woman and my disease prohibits sun exposure. I have been sick for five months. Daily extreme fatigue, general pain, and significant lymphadenopathy are a few of my symptoms. After visiting my pcp numerous times, I decided that maybe my rheumatologist may need to have a look. I was met with a condecending attitude, no compassion, and then was made to feel ignorant. This is from a colleague, as i am an intensive care nurse that provides for many of his patients. Our three year relationship is permanently severed. I believe that you should treat your patients like a member of your own family. I know my body, and have the knowledge to recognize when something has been overlooked. I could not imagine this man caring for someone with an extreme debilitating disease. If you are looking for someone to truly care for you, this is not a wise choice.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

An excellent doctor who takes time with his patients. Also polite and helpful staff. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010

Arrogant and Rude when he's in a bad mood and very kind when he's in a good mood. His moods carry over into the exam room and affects the way he treats and diagnoses. I was a patient for approximately 15 years with a spinal disease and when he accused me of exaggerating my pain level, it was time to go. I'm now in pain management where I should have been and not wasting my time elsewhere with an arthritis physician.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2010

Dr. Jeffrey S. Peller's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)