Ratings for Dr. Lois Milne

Dr. Milne is absolutely, without question, the BEST physician I have ever seen. She has such a warm and caring disposition, which almost makes me look forward to my annual exam with her. I have seen her for about four years, and will hopefully continue in the future. She is bright, and definitely knows her stuff! Couldn't ask for anything more. She also has great staff. Thank you Dr. Milne.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Amazing doctor. She took interest in my health issue when other doctors insisted that my issue was nothing. She always makes sure I'm happy with my visits. I hope I can still see her when I'm finished University.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

Dr. Milne is great - she looks at the whole patient and is sure to evaluate every aspect of your health. She never seems rushed when I see her, and I know she's very busy. She takes time to discuss diet and even to teach a self breast exam. I do however have to wait sometime in the waiting room, but as all doctors, she's up to the brim in her practice.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

By the sounds of it Dr. Milne can be pretty hit or miss. My friend recommended her to me & thought she was great. She was rather rude to me & seemed like she was in a hurry or that I was wasting her time. Definitely not the most approachable/friendly Dr. I've had.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

While Dr. Milne may be okay with every-day issues, anything more complex she ignores. She came to the appointment late and in a hurry to leave. She insisted I am depressed and need to increase my antidepressant dosage. I tried explaining to her that not all my symptoms matched depression, but she wouldn't listen, gave me a blood script, and left. She never took interest in how I felt, only what my blood script said.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2010

Very caring, empathetic and patient doctor. I was due for my first pap smear and was very nervous, but she performed everything gently and explained every step to ease my anxiety. And she takes the time to answer patients' questions- unlike some walk in docs who rush patients out after 5 minutes. I'm very lucky to have her as my doctor during my stay in Calgary.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2009

Great doctor from the experience I've had. Very kind, warm, understanding, educated and honest. One of the best doctors I've ever seen in Calgary. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2009

I have graduated from the University and miss having Dr. Milne as my doctor. She was the most caring doctor I have ever had and always made time for me and my concerns. It took time to get in and there were wait times to see her but it was always worth it.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2009

I cannot believe the posts! 45 minutes NAKED for a pap ladies. She once BERATED me while I sobbed, sick for the 10th with what was eventually biliary colic, an excruciating problem. She snapped "What do you want me to DO?" The specialist I saw told me my symptoms were "classic textbook symptoms" and I scoffed, asking "are you SURE?" after which I was booked in for surgery 1 month later. This was after going to Milne THREE times in 4 months with my classic textbook symptoms of biliary colic (you can google them, they're OBVIOUS). She sent me for ultrasounds after symptoms receeded (which don't detect biliary colic) and came up with this BOGUS explanation of me needing to have an immune system "boost" whereby I was just sick like a baby gets sick, needing my immune system to "strengthen." Huh? She tested me, literally, 5 times, for pregnancy. By the last time, I was in tears of frustration, praying I WAS pregnant!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2009

Always listened to my problems. Very empathetic and supportive. Spends time giving you details, never puts you down. I'd recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2009