Ratings for Dr. Daniel C. Citron

Very poor attitude and discounted that my reason for being there was any 'real' problem. He could not focus on any one subject and was condescending.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Totally agree with the others regarding Dr. Citron's attitude and lack of "bed-side manner". My elderly aunt is hard-of-hearing. Even with hearing aids, she has difficulty. Dr. Citron has been told this, repeatedly. I even asked him if he could make a note of it in her chart, yet we still have to ask him to speak up and repeat what he says.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

My 89-year-old father, a long-time patient, recently had a fall. It's no time to look into assisted living. I have called the office 3 times, asking for a call back to review some items with Dr. Citron. I'm still waiting....... Yes, i get it. He's busy. But I'm asking for 15 minutes to discuss an elderly patient who has been seen by Dr. Citron for over 15 years. Shame on him for not being able to pick up the phone.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

I was a patient of Dr. Citron for a number of years. I began to ask him about medications that were contra indicated for people my age, 68 years old. He gave me Klonapin which the EU banned and is being studied in the US as a potential precursor to dementia he also gave me Indomethacin, which even my insurance company wrote me as being VERY dangerous to people my age. I came in depressed over this. He yelled at me and said if I ever came in depressed again he would fire me, even though he was treating me for depression, he told me that insurance companies do not write letters and called me a liar. So I produced the letter. He also told me I read too much and then denied me my right to see his PA and said if he was busy I had to go to the ER instead. A grand waste of Medicare money. On my last visit I had leg swelling, he prescribed water pills. I told him the issue was not water but due to a genetic thing I had. His response was to just toss me out of his practice right then and there. No referrals or no humanity saying we were not working as doctor and patient so lets find someone else. No, not Dr. Citron, he tossed me under the bus, a senior on medicare. He knew full well that as a medicare patient finding a good doctor was almost impossible and thus started for me two weeks of highly stressful and fear based looking until another decent and humane doctor understood my plight and I got into another doctor that was good. She did blood tests, something Citron did all the time, and she found I was pre-diabetic and had a kidney issue, something His Royal Highness Dr. Citron never told me. How this man became a doctor is beyond me. He may have the smarts but he is waaaay lacking on the humanity.However if you look at the doctors here in this practice he is the only one, barring the new guy, who does not have a Patient Award. Fortunately for humanity he is no longer taking patients, which is a true blessing. I will also be sending my complaint on him to Patient Advocacy at Rose where he practices. I asked to be transferred to another doctor in his practice and he refused. Steer Clear of Dr. Citron he has a very unhealthy and vindictive ego. Any Doctor who would not sit down with a patient of several years and explain things were not working out and help you find another keeping you until then. A doctor who would just coldly toss a senior out fully knowing he would have a very difficult time finding another good doctor is not a Doctor. Again just look at some of the reports here. Citron is a cold hearted, weak ego driven person who does not deserve to be called human!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Dr. Citron left a telephone message informing me that my father had cancer that had metastasized to the bone. When I called Dr. Citron back and said that I had a lot of questions, he told me that he did not have time to answer my questions.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

Dr. Citron has been my primary care physician for over 20 years. I currently have 3 calls over 4 days to him due to an acute health issue. No call back. Totally unacceptable. Moving my care elsewhere.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

Dr. Citron has been my primary care physician for over 30 years. He has successfully helped me through injuries, asthma, and even West Nile virus! I heartily recommend him!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

I don't know where the idea of being rude and arrogant from. Dr. Citron by far has been one of the greatest doctors I've encountered. He is very caring as well as knowledgable in his field. Would highly recommend him!!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2012

Very rude and arrongant. Wouldn't see him again. Seemed very rushed.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2010

Very friendly staff. I was a new patient and Dr. Citron devoted a great deal of time explaining my optins for different tests. Very knowledgable.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2010

Dr. Daniel C. Citron's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1977)

AHC