Ratings for Dr. Jewel Gold

Dr Gold won't sugar coat details and hold your hand treating you like a delicate and special snow flake. She will tell you what you need to know to make an informed decision, and ensure that you get the best treatment possible. To me that makes sense, as every extra minute she spends with you that you do not NEED is a minute that she is not saving someone else's life. Best cardiologist I've had - and I've spoken with quit a few.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

The most uncaring, rude bully, who makes up her mind about a diagnosis without really knowing the patient. She has nearly caused my husband to pass away. Gave him medications he was not supposed to get, wanted to force procedures we did not consent to (luckily) and got really angry at us for resisting her advice. Dr. Gold has the worst bedside manner of anybody we have ever encountered. All her comments were extremely negative and discouraging to the patient and family. Since my husband is not under her care, he made a great recovery. I would never recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

She may be highly regarded in her profession. She may have been considerate and thoughtful with all her patients. I understand that specialists are busy and don't necessarily have a gentle bedside manner but this doctor is over the top. She didn't bother to introduce herself to my husband and I, just said, get up on the table and then proceeded to examine him punctuated by exclamations of alarm. We were then directed to her office. Sitting at her desk, overlooking two very worried people, she began "You have lots of problems!" and then named them off as if we were her students. She was rude, almost to the point of being vindictive. I felt like crying for my husband after leaving her office. To fill out this for I was required to rate her knowledge -- I have no experience of her knowledge because we never went back.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

DR. JEWEL GOLD is AMAZING ----- IGNORE NEGATIVE COMMENTS - SHE IS HIGHLY REGARDED IN HER PROFESSION AND CAME HIGLY REFERRED TO ME. SHE IS FUN. SERIOUS, CARING. ELIMINATED NON REQUIRED Rx MEDICATIONS. TOOK ME OFF SOME SERIOUS MEDICATION AND IMPLICATIONS OF TAKING THEM. MONITORS ME AND WENT BEYOND THE ORIGINAL CARDIOLOGISTS TREATING ME. I AM READY TO RUN LET ALONE BIKE OR WALK 10KM A DAY. TWO YEARS AFTER SURGERY I AM FIT AS A FIDDLE. I CANNOT PAY HER ENOUGH TO REWARD HER FOR ANALYZING AND TREATING ME JEFF - WATER POLO FANATIC

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

Very attentive,and takes time to tell you what she sees in test and gives an overall review of possible outcomes

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Dr Jewel Gold gave me the freedom to enjoy all running, swimming and biking that is part of my life. I have a slight thickness in my upper septum 1mm(HCM) and had other issues. With Dr. Gold's diagnosis and careful prescription of a beta blocker. I have now completed 16 half marathons, 2 full marathons and 1 half iron-man...SAFELY. She gave me my max allowed heart rate which I stick to religiously. I cannot thank her enough. Forget the rest, she is truly the best!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012

Terrible doctor. She finds her patients in baycrest and asks for them to see her. Then talks to her family members about dinner while you sit in front of her with no regard. Once she changes some meds absolutly no follow up or taperdown of 20 year meds. This woman should be disbarred or sued unfortunatly she prays on the elderly and allows them to die without even calling or paying any respect.. If shes your doctor RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AND FIND A CARDIOLOGIST THAT CARES.. SHE DOES NOT!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2011

Not only is this doctor extememly moody, she can be very dismissive of her patients. Most important, she is far from thorouhg in her examinations. If you value your life avoid her at all costs. Find a doctor who cares and who will request the appropriate tests.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

Working for this woman was my worst experience ever. She was mean, rude and very impatient. I was an experienced medical secretary and have always enjoyed my job, until I met this horrid wretch of a person. I honestly do not think she has a heart or any warmth to her. All she did was plan trips and made sure her nanny was going to be on every family outing, she only had 2 children. She has gone through an enormous amount of secretaries since I left, so I know it had nothing to do with me. She definitely has issues and should not be in the health care profession.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Gold through the emergency department at Mount Sinai hospital when a chronic heart condition was first discovered. In my subsequent follow up with her, I was impressed by the thoroughness of her investigations, and the way she communicated with me. I really like her manner. She is both warm and direct. I felt like we had a partnership in treating my condition, and that I was a trusted and valued member of that partnership. In comparing my experience with that of others I know who see cardiologists, Dr. Gold was clearly superior in all aspects of her care. One of my friends left his cardiologist and went to Dr. Gold on my recommendation, and he is very pleased with her too. In all, I consider myself very lucky to have been sent to Dr. Gold by the emergency department.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2010