Ratings for Dr. Julian Ospina

Dr Ospina was VERY quick to prescribe heavy anti-depressants! I tried to explain what I was feeling, but instead of sending me for an EEG or MRI, addictive pills. I knew from the symptoms that something wasn't right in my brain. I found a new doctor who actually listened to me for more than 3 minutes, and sent me for an EEG. The results of that sent me for an MRI within two months. Turns out there was a brain tumour which needed surgery. Please find a different doctor for your own sake!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

He gave drugs to my brother and those drugs disabled my brother

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

It's been a long time since I have had such a caring doctor. Dr. Ospina listens and seems genially concerned. He is not afraid to touch you as many doctors now-a-days seem to be. I am very sorry to be loosing Dr. Ospina. Due to cutbacks, the clinic where he works is being shut down. I wish him all the best and only hope that I can have another such excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

Now that Dr. Ospina is in Vancouver, I have been to him a couple of times. I find him quite good because he listens, makes notes, and does not rush you. He is very polite. So far I like this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2008

Since he left Winnipeg the doctor that took over his patients has found that Dr. Ospina did not keep proper records of his prescriptions! I have been getting different prescriptions from him for three years and my record shows nothing! The new doctor had to contact the pharmacy to verify what medication I was prescribed.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2008

I didn't have a Doctor when I moved to Winnipeg and I found Dr. Ospina. I was so lucky. He was very respectful and helpful. When he was unable to help me sent referrals to ensure that I had the proper care. Before he moved to BC he told me that another Doctor was taking over. This Doctor was very stuffy and snobby and told me that I was going to have to find another Doctor. BC people are lucky!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2008

Frequently, documents got lost and information about specialist's appointments were not passed on. Ospina seemed negligent to a point where I considered to start a law suit against him - he ignored a condition over months and now it turns out to be a tumor. He left his clinic, patients were not being informed, and were left behind with a bad diagnosis and no family doctor!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2008

Well, I haven't had a session with Dr Ospina as yet! I am scheduled to be one of his 1st patients here in Vancouver BC next week. I thank everyone for their opinions and I will keep an open mind as he starts his west coast practice. I'll report later to all on this bulletin board!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2007

Dr. Ospina treats me with respect and listens to me, just as a family doctor should. I have seen many other doctors in the past, who were arrogant and misdiagnosed my problems, causing me much pain and expense. He has diagnosed my health concerns correctly and has made good choices for referrals. What more can you ask for?

flag | Submitted September 2, 2007

He is one of the kindest human beings ever. Very compassionate and understanding

flag | Submitted August 29, 2007