Ratings for Dr. Eva Mocarski

Had a tubal ligation in 2017 - information about the procedure was presented fairly and completely, including other potential options aside from surgery. I decided to go through with it: I was more and more apprehensive as the surgery date approached and I had a lot of questions, which were answered (including some on the day of surgery itself). The procedure went very well, no complications, no problems afterward. Getting through to the office to book appointments was the most difficult part but the staff were friendly and caring once I did. Many other reviewers remarked that they found Mocarski difficult to talk to, but that was not my experience: I found her easy to get along with and felt she had a professional interest in my welfare and ensuring that I made the right decisions (I'm also not bothered in general if a medical professional isn't friendly: I just want my physicians to be competent, and if they happen to be nice, that's just a bonus). She's an experienced surgeon and I found her to be trustworthy, skilled and straightforward.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I called many times to confirm my meet & greet with Dr. Mocarski, but couldn't get an answer, so I had my doctor's office call them and they got an answer right away. I ended up cancelling, I guess they didn't like my name on the caller ID!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Staff incompetent could not keep my appointment time straight. Mocarski had a poor bedside manner. Just examined me and did not seem to comprehend that because I was on LDN I could not take a pain killer for the test she wanted me to take. DId not explain the test or the reasons for the test. Poor bedside manner, no eye contact, seems unable to make the connections between various conditions. She saw I am on progesterone and told me she knew nothing about hormones! How can this be for an gynecologist. When I called to tell her I could not do the test because I could not take NSAIDs, she offered no options. She talked down and over me during the phone conversation. Reading about all the bad things she has done to other people I will not be returning to her.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

She definitely is socially awkward and has trouble with eye contact. She was pleasant but I continued to have to repeat why I was there (my first IUD after a failed insertion, NO NOT A REPLACEMENT IUD) which doesn't inspire confidence. After she learned I was coming to her after an MD she knows (and referred to as very experienced) could not insert the IUD she told me her resident was going to do the procedure (knowing an experienced doctor had already tried and failed and I was terrified of it happening again). She didn't ask for my consent but I know I can refuse a resident when I took off work to see an expert, so I did refuse (politely and gently). They handled that fine but then couldn't do the procedure (also understandable but frustrating that you were going to get a resident to try a procedure you couldnt do, and had reason to know it would be difficult because your colleague had already failed). When I said I was going to throw up they didn't respond until I told them to bring me a garbage (and started throwing up). They didn't have all the tools they needed so they kept leaving me spread eagle with painful clamps while they looked for things. They made me take off my clothes and then chatted outside for half an hour, had turned the heat off, so when they came back I was shivering with my Canada goose on over the medical slip. For a procedure that you need to be relaxed for that did not help. She did warm up (although the room did not) but a lot of things about that office, the reception which is a bit dismissive and cold, and the disorganization doesn't inspire confidence and when her availability wasnt convenient for me I decided to chance it on someone I didn't know.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Butchered me! Botched leep and permanent nerve damage. Horrific. They get paid to push surgical procedures on you, when you may not necessarily need it!!!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

I have been seen for Dr. Mocarski 3 times, and the last visits have been unpleasant. Dr. Mocarski left me a voice mail telling me that I needed to make a blood test next day to verify that my baby doesn't have down syndrome. But I went the same day to her office as I was very worried and I barely understood what she said. She received me and explained me what happened and asked me to make the blood test the next day. Her assistant was rude at the moment she was giving me the forms for the blood test saying" answer the phone, who else is going to call you" which is ridiculous. I couldn't said a word. I just said I could not gave the call back bcz it appeared as unknown number. And she repeated "just answer the phone". The same day I told my husband to talk to Dr. Mocarsky to ask her more explanations about the results, Dr. Mocarsky didn't like that we came at her lunch time. We said, we are in our lunch time too. She finally received us and explained what happened with the results. And mentioned her how rude was her assistant but she refused to listen to me by talk at the same time I was talking. One month later, I had my checking with her, Dr. Mocarsky made us to wait for 30 min, and then she just started to talk to her assistant for 10 min more, got into the room and check me out for 5 min. Pregnants won't deserve to be treated it this way just bcz OBGY was to treat us like that, just bcz they are the Drs. I really don't feel very well treated when I go to visit Dr. Mocarsky, and it must not to be like that, I should receive a better care from her. Besides this, her assistant, is a rude and unpleasant person.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Kind, smiled at me when we met, answered all my questions, and performed surgical procedure that had perfect results. No complaints from me. Staff can be a bit oblivious at times, and I did have to wait quite a while. Will continue to see Dr. Mokarski, I think she is provides excellent surgery and advise. She even allowed me to make a special request in regards to small adaptations in my surgical procedure.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Amazing Doctor loved having her as my ob ! I would recommend her to anyone

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

I've been with Dr Mocarski for 3 years now - semi-annual visits and she performed a lap surgery on my stage 4 endometriosis. Endo isn't going to kill you but it can certainly make your life miserable. My symptoms were completely debilitating before surgery (I even had to go on a leave of absence from work) and I feel like Dr Mocarski, quite literally, gave me a my life back. Sure, it's not the life I had before the endo got so bad but it's night and day to where I was 3 years ago. She "cleaned" me out better than I had hoped and put me on the right HRT to manage my symptoms. After reading countless horror stories on endo blogs from women who were in the system for years before even getting diagnosed properly, followed by repeated surgeries to resolve much milder endo than I had, I know that I've been really lucky with the care I've received and that Dr Mocarski is superb at what she does. If you have endo and need surgery, it's worth waiting an extra few months to get in with her - I really believe she's the best in Toronto. As to her bedside manner - here's the thing. She's a little quirky. I happen to love it. She has a great (but very dry) sense of humour and it definitely took me a few visits to figure her out so to speak. Once we really got one another, she turned out to be one of the most caring and attentive doctors that I've ever had and that's a rare find in a surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

- terrible bedside manner. Couldn't look me in the eye, jammed the cold speculum into my crotch for a pap test with no warning. - I was scheduled a month in advance to discuss herpes outbreaks. A gynecologist's office should know that you can't schedule a herpes outbreak, and Dr. Mocarski was annoyed that I came to her and didn't have an outbreak. - When I asked if I could realistically get an appointment within a few days when I do get an outbreak, she told me that she only works on Wednesdays and that she can't guarantee anything because the clinic is very busy. She said I should get a swab from my family doctor when I have an outbreak. She said this while having the results from my family doctor's swab in her hand which was negative for herpes. When I asked her for advice on what to do, she got annoyed and repeated that she can't help me because I don't currently have an outbreak and slammed the door. I left feeling so helpless and small.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015