Ratings for Dr. Eva Mocarski

Dr. Mocarski has poor bedside manner and is very condescending. She needs a lesson on how to be more sympathetic and use a more appropriate tone with patients.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2018

I was referred to Dr. Mocarski by my GP due to uterine fibroids. Dr. Mocarski was kind, welcoming and patient. She examined me thoroughly, working methodically and asking many questions. She even saved a potentially lengthy delay in treatment by getting me tested with a sonohysterogram. The results proved there was a particular fibroid pushing on my vaginal wall causing gushing and embarrassing accidents while menstruating. When she explained the issue, she drew and labelled a diagram of the fibroids and where they were that was causing my issues. Throughout the process she put me completely at ease -- in all my life I have never felt so relaxed and comfortable with a gyno. Her experience and knowledge were evident. I’m grateful to have been referred to her. The decision was to do a hysteroscopic myomectomy that was a success! A year later though another fibroid grew and started pushing on my vaginal wall and the gushing started again. So then she convinced me to go on Fibrastal and it was the best decision of my life. Unfortunately a couple months after treatment seems the fibroids are growing again and may have to get back on the treatment since it did work for me.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

I came to Dr. Mocarski with a chronic inflammation that had baffled two GPs I had seen. Dr. Mocarski was warm, welcoming and unhurried. She examined me thoroughly, working methodically to rule out diagnoses one by one. She even saved a potentially lengthy delay in treatment by testing for yeast infection herself right on the spot with her own microscope and chemicals instead of sending the sample out to a lab. When she did come to a conclusion as to the nature of my problem, she drew and labelled a diagram for me and gave me a sheet of paper with clear instructions as to treatment. Throughout the process she put me completely at ease -- in all my life I have never felt so relaxed and natural during a gyno exam. Her experience and knowledge were evident. I feel lucky to have been referred to her. And, of course, the key is that the treatment is working.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

Had a tubal ligation in 2017 - information about the procedure was presented fairly and completely, including other potential options aside from surgery. I decided to go through with it: I was more and more apprehensive as the surgery date approached and I had a lot of questions, which were answered (including some on the day of surgery itself). The procedure went very well, no complications, no problems afterward. Getting through to the office to book appointments was the most difficult part but the staff were friendly and caring once I did. Many other reviewers remarked that they found Mocarski difficult to talk to, but that was not my experience: I found her easy to get along with and felt she had a professional interest in my welfare and ensuring that I made the right decisions (I'm also not bothered in general if a medical professional isn't friendly: I just want my physicians to be competent, and if they happen to be nice, that's just a bonus). She's an experienced surgeon and I found her to be trustworthy, skilled and straightforward.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I called many times to confirm my meet & greet with Dr. Mocarski, but couldn't get an answer, so I had my doctor's office call them and they got an answer right away. I ended up cancelling, I guess they didn't like my name on the caller ID!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Staff incompetent could not keep my appointment time straight. Mocarski had a poor bedside manner. Just examined me and did not seem to comprehend that because I was on LDN I could not take a pain killer for the test she wanted me to take. DId not explain the test or the reasons for the test. Poor bedside manner, no eye contact, seems unable to make the connections between various conditions. She saw I am on progesterone and told me she knew nothing about hormones! How can this be for an gynecologist. When I called to tell her I could not do the test because I could not take NSAIDs, she offered no options. She talked down and over me during the phone conversation. Reading about all the bad things she has done to other people I will not be returning to her.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

She definitely is socially awkward and has trouble with eye contact. She was pleasant but I continued to have to repeat why I was there (my first IUD after a failed insertion, NO NOT A REPLACEMENT IUD) which doesn't inspire confidence. After she learned I was coming to her after an MD she knows (and referred to as very experienced) could not insert the IUD she told me her resident was going to do the procedure (knowing an experienced doctor had already tried and failed and I was terrified of it happening again). She didn't ask for my consent but I know I can refuse a resident when I took off work to see an expert, so I did refuse (politely and gently). They handled that fine but then couldn't do the procedure (also understandable but frustrating that you were going to get a resident to try a procedure you couldnt do, and had reason to know it would be difficult because your colleague had already failed). When I said I was going to throw up they didn't respond until I told them to bring me a garbage (and started throwing up). They didn't have all the tools they needed so they kept leaving me spread eagle with painful clamps while they looked for things. They made me take off my clothes and then chatted outside for half an hour, had turned the heat off, so when they came back I was shivering with my Canada goose on over the medical slip. For a procedure that you need to be relaxed for that did not help. She did warm up (although the room did not) but a lot of things about that office, the reception which is a bit dismissive and cold, and the disorganization doesn't inspire confidence and when her availability wasnt convenient for me I decided to chance it on someone I didn't know.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Butchered me! Botched leep and permanent nerve damage. Horrific. They get paid to push surgical procedures on you, when you may not necessarily need it!!!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

I have been seen for Dr. Mocarski 3 times, and the last visits have been unpleasant. Dr. Mocarski left me a voice mail telling me that I needed to make a blood test next day to verify that my baby doesn't have down syndrome. But I went the same day to her office as I was very worried and I barely understood what she said. She received me and explained me what happened and asked me to make the blood test the next day. Her assistant was rude at the moment she was giving me the forms for the blood test saying" answer the phone, who else is going to call you" which is ridiculous. I couldn't said a word. I just said I could not gave the call back bcz it appeared as unknown number. And she repeated "just answer the phone". The same day I told my husband to talk to Dr. Mocarsky to ask her more explanations about the results, Dr. Mocarsky didn't like that we came at her lunch time. We said, we are in our lunch time too. She finally received us and explained what happened with the results. And mentioned her how rude was her assistant but she refused to listen to me by talk at the same time I was talking. One month later, I had my checking with her, Dr. Mocarsky made us to wait for 30 min, and then she just started to talk to her assistant for 10 min more, got into the room and check me out for 5 min. Pregnants won't deserve to be treated it this way just bcz OBGY was to treat us like that, just bcz they are the Drs. I really don't feel very well treated when I go to visit Dr. Mocarsky, and it must not to be like that, I should receive a better care from her. Besides this, her assistant, is a rude and unpleasant person.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Kind, smiled at me when we met, answered all my questions, and performed surgical procedure that had perfect results. No complaints from me. Staff can be a bit oblivious at times, and I did have to wait quite a while. Will continue to see Dr. Mokarski, I think she is provides excellent surgery and advise. She even allowed me to make a special request in regards to small adaptations in my surgical procedure.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015