Ratings for Dr. Rajiv Dua

I had a 9:30 a.m. follow up with Dr. Dua. I was on time. The waiting room was empty. The receptionist gave me a customer satisfaction letter to fill out and turn in when I left. I turned it in while I was waiting -big mistake. I sat in the waiting room alone for 50 minutes. No one come in to give me an update. I figured they had forgot I was there and left. I never saw a doctor, I don’t even know if he was even there. I wandered into a doctors office in the next building and they saw me in 15 minutes. I was a patient at Centennial Medical Group since the 90’s. Incredible I was treated this way -or maybe I should say not treated. No apology was forthcoming. It gets better. This week I received a bill for $106.04 from the doctor I never saw. Centennial has opened another office in Maple Lawn. It is hard to see why when it seems they can’t properly staff the one they have in Elkridge. I cancelled my yearly physical at Centennial Medical Group today. My family won’t be going back. Highly disappointed.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Worst service ever. I used to tolerate Dr. Duo's poor service from his lack of empathy to his failure to listen to my questions. He always acted with indifference. The only benefit was the hours. Today I was scheduled for a complete physical that was scheduled over a month in advance so I can get the early 8:15 slot. I arrived at 7:40 while others arrived after 8 am and we're sent in prior to me. I saw Dr. Dua walking the halls of the office and meeting with staff members in the office behind the front desk and no one even had the courtesy to bring me in, take my vitals and place me in a room. Around 8:25, I asked the nurse why I had to wait so long even though I should be first and she informed me that Dr Dua was late even though he was walking in front of me for over 10 minutes. It's one thing not to respect time but it is another when you mislead your patients. No more. I'm going to find another primary care doctor.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

My husband regular physician was not available for a post hospital visit so he saw Dr. Dua. Dr.Dua was rude,condescending and could not find the paperwork sent from the hospital. I brought along a caregiver who was attending my husband at the time and he completely disregarded what we had to say. He ordered blood work from Labcorp ,two +weeks ago and still have not heard from him. We changed practices and are finally getting the care and attention that my husband needs. He is definitely just "practicing" at medicine

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

I hate that punctualiaty and staff are included in these ratings because they are not indicators of how Dr. Dua is as a doctor which is horrible. So, my stars for those are lower to indicate my overall doctor rating. I agree that he should not be practicing medicine. When I couldn't get an appointment with my regular doc I made one with him because I was having difficulty swallowing and food was getting stuck in my throat. I told him my other symptoms which included excess saliva. His answer - he doesn't know, wait a week and if it continues see an ENT. Well, I decided choking on my food was not the best thing to keep an eye on for week so immediately made an appoinment with an ENT. Diagnosis - acid reflux. Symptoms - classic. Dr. Dua was condescending and dismissive during my appoinment and only showed interest when he looked at my chart and saw I was thyroid meds which he proceeded to ask about. Hello?! Let's handle the matter at hand and leave the rest to my real doctors. Seriously, do not see this doctor if you have any medical issues unless you don't really want them diagnosed.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

This used to be a nice practice. Recently it has undergone some changes that make it a machine not a caring practice. Whom ever is in charge needs to get their stuff together or leave.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Although his staff took a medical history including allergies, he proceeded to prescribe a medication that had as a main ingredient one of the medications that I told his staff I was allergic to, not sure how he missed that when he prescribed

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Dua for more than five years. I moved three years ago and now drive 20 miles for my appointments. He seems to be highly knowledgable and professional. He is empathetic, spending extra time with a patient to address questions and concerns. Perhaps that is why he may run late. I always make my appointments for about 9 a.m. and haven't had to wait very long. Staff isn't rude. I have no explanation for why other comments are negative.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

Dr. Dua is the worst physician I have ever encountered. I went to him because my regular physician was unavailable and I wanted to see someone quickly because the nail on my big toe had fallen off (the entire nail...completely off). He said he didn't know what it was because the nail was no longer there! I asked him if it could have been because of a fungal infection and he said he couldn't say without seeing the nail. He said that my little toe had fungus. So I asked him if that didn't perhaps indicate that fungus caused the nail on the other toe to fall off and he said "maybe, he didn't know." Getting frustrated I said "so nails can just spontaneously fall off for no reason?" and he said "yes." Seriously????? He barely looked at my foot, gave no helpful ideas for foot care, just said that I should see a podiatrist. It was a TOTAL waste of time!!! This guy should get fired or his license revoked...he's useless - my 13 year old could have told me more!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013