Ratings for Dr. Benjamin D. Massey

Waited over 1 hour and 15 minutes without one person in the office telling me there would be a delay. Come to find out Dr. Massey was doing scheduled procedures and wasn't even in the office or wouldn't be for quite a while longer. Why did I sit there for that long and no one informed me he was running behind or offered to reschedule my appointment? I don't mind waiting for emergencies but won't wait because he has little respect for his patients or their time. I considered rescheduling until they told me that he frequently runs later and they make appointments for 1:30 and later knowing he won't be in close to 1:30 because he is booked at an endoscopy center off site. Insane!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

Dr. Massey is very thorough. I spent four months going to see him after many alarming symptoms. ALL the tests said everything was normal, but Dr. Massey did not give up. He eventually figured out the problem and not once did he doubt me. I am not to happy with his nurse, she wasn't really "friendly". The wait time is long too (sometimes). I will never go to another gastroenterologist. He is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

After months of seeing idiots in Florence, SC I came to this physician. Not only were they competent but friendly and…I really can’t say enough good things about them and Providence hospital. They are wonderful. If you are lucky enough to get this doctor your will write a review better than this one. WONDERFUL PEOPLE!!!!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

Dr. Massey is wonderful, but his administrative staff is dreadful. I had trouble setting up an appt and then waited for over an hour. I left and went to another doctor. It is too bad. He is great.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2009

Dr. Benjamin D. Massey's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

Amerigroup