Ratings for Dr. Richard Scott

I have been a patient with Dr Scott since I was a kid and I am now 27. As of the last 5 years it seems to be more of a quantity vs quality type of care.I had my son last year and did not want to continue bringing him here- primarily because of the poor treatment received from his nurse and receptionists. They were a huge reason to the leave more so then Dr Scott himself although he is rarely in office, gone for long periods at a time, and when he is in, trying to schedule something that works with your schedule is a nightmare. His nurse is always miserable and never smiles and never asks how you are.There is always attitude with both her and the front office.You wait nearly an hour or more to get in, appointments never on time, and then rushed out within 5 minutes. My final straw was when they wanted to cancel my sons 1 year shots less then 24 hours before his appointment. The Dr was all the sudden leaving from August to November and because he had no replacement yet for the next day they wanted to cancel. I explained I couldn't.Time of work was already taken and in addition we would be gone the next week.Dr Scott told me to keep his shots on track and to not let them go late hence why I was listening and wanting them done still. Staff told me they would check with the nurse who does them for Dr Scott and call back if any problems.I received no call back so thought everything was good. We go in the next morning, no smile or greeting of any kind.Then as we sit down the nurse looks at me and says "you know, I didn't really want to do this today" with complete rudeness and attitude. Excuse me? You don't really feel like doing your job? You don't feel like giving my son his 1 year old shots? Exactly what a mother wants to hear before passing her baby over to get needles. So comforting and reassuring. I held my tongue until my son had his needles then told her how I have had enough of her ignorant attitude and the receptionist ignorant attitudes half the time. She said the office should've told me she didn't want to do the needles. I said "well if you communicated with your office you'd know they told me everything was fine for today,did you know that"? To which she said no.And that I should ask for her next time if the office isn't communicating well. Um no. I shouldn't have to go through my nurse to confirm details an office should be on top of and communicating with the rest of the staff. So after having many negative encounters with this nurse I said I would see a walk in Dr from now on until I found someone else.This same nurse tried guilting me for not bringing my son in more often for check ups even though he had all his shots up to date that SHE signed off on and Dr Scott had said unless he is sick there is no need for check ups in-between shots. I pointed this out to her after her rude accusation and just got faced with a blank expression on her face. Now his office,every time I booked an appointment even if far in advanced they would never accommodate my schedule unless I said ok Ill go to the walk in instead.Then they all of the sudden have time to fit my son or myself in. And when you do go to a walk in the nurse always questions or guilt's you on it by saying "you know Dr Scott has to pay for that" My kids health comes first sorry.Dr Scott I have zero problem with him to be clear. He just needs to be in office more and not rush patients&listen more.This last issue was when trying to get my sons files sent to a new Dr we were going to transfer to. Wanting to charge 30 dollars when I've never been told this before. Yes a Dr has the right to charge but I wanted to speak with him first as to talk about leaving and ask him about the files.Not a receptionist making the choice for him with no regard to my personal relationship with this Dr I have seen since a child. And when I asked to come in? Nope they have no time. Even though Mondays were reserved for day of appointments. Apparently its only emergencies on Mondays now. Which was what after clinic hours were for.And when I said I wanted to speak to him about the matter and hear from him as she was being rude to me, she says, well your not his patient anymore.This was before anything was ever signed but that was my last straw with her and went and officially signed papers after she hung up on myself. My husband even tried calling to set something up for my son and she left him on hold for 30 minutes until he hung up. Completely disgusting as this was regarding a 15 month old. So happy to be gone. I feel bad for Dr Scott as he is a nice person and its costing him patients with staff being this way.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

Dr. Scott has been my F.D. for 20 years. I don't even live near by anymore but he is worth the drive and the occasional wait. He has always been approachable, attentive, knowledgeable and professional. The staff at the medical centre are very helpful, friendly and efficient.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

arrogant and uninterested in patients... unless you have $$ in the family... that changes everything!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

Dr. Scott is a terrific doctor and very pleasant man. I saw him today. He came in and shook my hand and asked hoe everything was. He genuinely cares. I sustained serious injuries a few years ago when I was hit while on my bike. Dr. Scott attended the hospital on a regular basis to check in on me. Currently Dr. Scott is assisting in getting back on my feet and eventually back to work. He's #1. I'd go higher if I could.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

I am trying to find Richard Scott and was directed to this particular one. I am not a crazy stalker lol. I live in Orillia Ontario and found a book from a public school that has since been torn down- Hillcrest Public School. In this book were a few names from children in grade 2 room 4 that had used it years ago. I am trying to locate any of these now grow ups. I want to give this book to someone who used it. A piece of their childhood so to speak. My email is hdocherty1@hotmail.com if any of you go see now Dr Richard Scott could you mention this to him. My name is Heather A Fraser and I am on facebook. :) Thank you so much in advance

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I have read the reviews and wonder if I'm seeing the same doctor as everyone else. Have been a patient for years and have become increasingly frustrated with Dr. Scott. He seems to be away more than he's there. He spends more time typing on the computer typing and "googling" symptoms than he does actually listening and understanding what his patients are saying. I have been prescribed more than once someone else's medication, and that's the only time he's called me at home. If I could switch to another doctor, I would in a heartbeat!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Dr Richard Scott is one of the best. When my daughter was house bound, he actually came to the house for her and then had her transferred to a hospital. No doctor makes house calls anymore.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

I don't know about the previous reviewers experiences but it certainly doesn't seem supported by any others. I have been a patient for almost 10 years and have always found home very approachable, compassionate and knowledgable. My father, with all of his health problems, was recently taken on by Dr Scott after my request and he has done wonders for him both physically and emotionally. I agree wait times can be long but I have always felt that is because he is so thorough and refuses to rush a concerned client or complicated case. Great now. Our medical profession needs more MDs like Dr Scott

flag | Submitted November 23, 2013

These reviews have got to be written by the dr himself! I have never found him to be knowledgeable! He goggles what he is going to to tell you, in front of you! He has no clue why you're even there. He is never on time! It's a joke in the waiting room that people left waiting must be dr Scott's patients... And they are!! There have been several occasions where he has prescribed something incorrectly! Gave my grandmother a prescription to something she was highly allergic to and not for the condition she had. TG for good pharmacists! His solution to everything is drugs, even if the drugs will make the patient feel worse than without. He does not listen to everything that you tell him, leaving you treating things that are not as urgent as the condition you went in for. I know several of his patients and we all have the same complaints! The only time he actually gives a crap about you, is when you start looking for another dr! Then he calls you personally on YOUR time!! He's useless!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Scott for almost 14 years. He is a very approachable, professional, knowledgable man. I feel very lucky to have him as a doctor!

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012