Ratings for Dr. Richard Scott

Dr. Scott has been my F.D. for 20 years. I don't even live near by anymore but he is worth the drive and the occasional wait. He has always been approachable, attentive, knowledgeable and professional. The staff at the medical centre are very helpful, friendly and efficient.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

arrogant and uninterested in patients... unless you have $$ in the family... that changes everything!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

Dr. Scott is a terrific doctor and very pleasant man. I saw him today. He came in and shook my hand and asked hoe everything was. He genuinely cares. I sustained serious injuries a few years ago when I was hit while on my bike. Dr. Scott attended the hospital on a regular basis to check in on me. Currently Dr. Scott is assisting in getting back on my feet and eventually back to work. He's #1. I'd go higher if I could.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

I am trying to find Richard Scott and was directed to this particular one. I am not a crazy stalker lol. I live in Orillia Ontario and found a book from a public school that has since been torn down- Hillcrest Public School. In this book were a few names from children in grade 2 room 4 that had used it years ago. I am trying to locate any of these now grow ups. I want to give this book to someone who used it. A piece of their childhood so to speak. My email is hdocherty1@hotmail.com if any of you go see now Dr Richard Scott could you mention this to him. My name is Heather A Fraser and I am on facebook. :) Thank you so much in advance

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I have read the reviews and wonder if I'm seeing the same doctor as everyone else. Have been a patient for years and have become increasingly frustrated with Dr. Scott. He seems to be away more than he's there. He spends more time typing on the computer typing and "googling" symptoms than he does actually listening and understanding what his patients are saying. I have been prescribed more than once someone else's medication, and that's the only time he's called me at home. If I could switch to another doctor, I would in a heartbeat!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Dr Richard Scott is one of the best. When my daughter was house bound, he actually came to the house for her and then had her transferred to a hospital. No doctor makes house calls anymore.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

I don't know about the previous reviewers experiences but it certainly doesn't seem supported by any others. I have been a patient for almost 10 years and have always found home very approachable, compassionate and knowledgable. My father, with all of his health problems, was recently taken on by Dr Scott after my request and he has done wonders for him both physically and emotionally. I agree wait times can be long but I have always felt that is because he is so thorough and refuses to rush a concerned client or complicated case. Great now. Our medical profession needs more MDs like Dr Scott

flag | Submitted November 23, 2013

These reviews have got to be written by the dr himself! I have never found him to be knowledgeable! He goggles what he is going to to tell you, in front of you! He has no clue why you're even there. He is never on time! It's a joke in the waiting room that people left waiting must be dr Scott's patients... And they are!! There have been several occasions where he has prescribed something incorrectly! Gave my grandmother a prescription to something she was highly allergic to and not for the condition she had. TG for good pharmacists! His solution to everything is drugs, even if the drugs will make the patient feel worse than without. He does not listen to everything that you tell him, leaving you treating things that are not as urgent as the condition you went in for. I know several of his patients and we all have the same complaints! The only time he actually gives a crap about you, is when you start looking for another dr! Then he calls you personally on YOUR time!! He's useless!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Scott for almost 14 years. He is a very approachable, professional, knowledgable man. I feel very lucky to have him as a doctor!

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012

Very caring, and genuine concern - always makes the time to talk to you. In my early 50's and have lived in many cities over the years - best MD I have ever had!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2012