Ratings for Dr. Joel D. MacDonald

Horrible Doctor. Horrible bedside manner. DO NOT USE HIM FOR ANYTHING.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

Didn't listen. Made assumptions without asking for clarification. Arrogant. Condscending. My dictated consult was full of inaccuracies and mistruth. He stated that I denied leg weakness when in fact that was the reason for my visit. He was obviously not listening to me but rather he already had his mind made up. Since he was the 3rd doctor I had seen for my back pain/weak leg (1st surgeon) his response in a sarcastic reply was 3 doctors? I guess everyone deserves another opinon. Every MD is good for certain patient populations. I'm just not sure who his population might be. Maybe someone who would not question him or his intelligence. If he tells you that based upon your MRI your leg should hurt on the left and not on the right, it's not up for discussion. I'm sure he's very bright but his bedside manner turned me off and I'll find someone else should I ever require back surgery.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2010

Dr. Joel D. MacDonald's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

AHC