Ratings for Dr. Shailesh S. Patel

This guy is just a jerk. He has the worst bedside manner of any medical professional I have ever encountered. He was insensitive, seemed apathetic about my condition, and though I had a ten-day stay in the hospital, I saw him maybe three times. Now, I do not believe that he was a poor doctor, just an unpleasant person. When he came into my room the first time, he literally kicked my purse across the floor, I assume because it was in his way or something. He was also incredibly caustic toward my husband. I could not believe the extent of his rudeness. On the other hand, he did give me proper treatment for my pain (MOSTLY, and only because I am not ignorant as to how certain medicines work, and I think he picked up on that). That is the only thing I can say for him. Even the nurses were apologetic for him. I recommend asking for a different doctor if you get stuck with him.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

Dr. Patel has gone above and beyond for me. He saved my life!!! I was literally dying and in the hospital for months! I had at least. 20 other doctors give up on me, but Dr. Patel believed in me, went out of his way to find what was wrong....thank God he did....because he literally saved my life by getting me diagnosed and treated with chemo! If he did not believe me like the rest of those dr's, I would be dead! Dr. Patel has an amazing caring nature about him.....thanks for being my life saver Dr. Patel!!!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

HORRIBLE BED MANNERS DIS ORGANIZED OFFCICE RUDE DRS

flag | Submitted February 11, 2011

The wait at this office is terrible sometimes up to 2 hours. Dr. Patel is knowledgeable but has 5 patients going at the same time. They keep you coming back for breathing treatments which he could of prescribed to me instead. Gave me many different prescriptions for asthma until something worked. When my insurance took to long to pay he demanded money up front. Office is very disorganized & they make you sign a form up front for payment. It is all about billing the insurance as much as they can and then when the insurance doesn't pay you are responsible. The older brother seemed to have a much better bedside manner and didn't rush you.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2009