Ratings for Dr. Donald Norris

Every time i have gone in to see him and his staff been most helpfull ,professional and friendly. There have been times he has squeezed me in when he can under extreme circumstances.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

I have had this doctor for many years is very competent,knowledgeable, kind, compassionate. Doctor Norris tells it like it is sometimes this is hard to hear. In short i would recommend this doctor seeking medical care.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Dr Norris has been my dr for 16 years. He has helped me through my teen years into morherhood with three young boys. He has gone above and beyond - he cares. I trust him. I hope that when he does chose to retire that he refers me to Someone just like him.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

I am writing for my 88-year-old mother, who until 2 weeks ago would have agreed with the positive comments. Dr. Norris has been her doctor for 40 years, and she came back to Toronto to see him after she moved north of the city. In the last few years she has visited him every 2-3 months, and been told she was healthy (except for long term high blood pressure). She began having trouble breathing 2 months ago. Long story short, when she saw him 3 weeks ago he said she had congestive heart failure, that she'd lived a long life, and sent her home without treatment or hope. When I called he said he wasn't treating her heart condition. We took her to emerg last week and they were appalled at the lack of care, and said he should be reported. She's been admitted to hospital and is struggling. And completely devastated that the doctor she trusted for so long was so incompetent and so uncaring. He might be ok for minor conditions, but when you're ill and elderly you can expect nothing.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

I am a Female and Dr. Norris has been my doctor for about 13 years, he really is a good doctor. When I am concerned about my health, he always recommends other great specialists, which I can depend on. It breaks my heart to see so many bad experiences. I would recommend him. I WOULD ALSO, I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT IF DR.NORRIS IS CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR WEIGHT, MAYBE YOU SHOULD LOSE WEIGHT. EVEN BEING SLIGHTLY OVER WEIGHT CAN DRAMATICALLY INCREASE YOUR HEALTH RISKS. All of you females below should stop taking offence to that fact that he wants you to lose weight. After all it is a doctors job to help keep you healthy.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

If you are a woman-DO NOT SEE HIM.He is not a doctor for woman's health issue's. It's very hard to talk to him- he never looks you in the eyes and I always feel that I am taking too much of his time. Unfortunately I have suffered at the hands of Dr Norris for many decades- he is not compassionate sympathetic or really interested in your ongoing care and cure! I have heard many times from his mouth"Oh well you'll just have to live with it!" I think he is almost about to retire.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2011

Due to the incompetence of Dr.Donald Norris I have suffered for 14 years with a fungal infection that has destroyed my life. He kept prescribing me anti-biotic skin skins for "dermatitis" that aggravated my fungal infection and when my condition got worse he just told me there was no cure. I trusted him, and respected him when I was just a teenager and it ended up costing me my youth and my happiness that I can't ever get back. After I finally began to get control over my condition with the help of a naturopath I sought his advice again, not blaming him for what happened, to get referrals to specialists that could help me perform tests to shed light on the remaining health issues I was experiencing. He was so arrogant and afraid of accepting responsibility that he told me I have no health problems, that he because he was a doctor he was right, and then I should seek help from a support group and therapy. I lost my hair, my youth, and my health. Anyone is better then Dr.Norris.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2010

Doctor Norris has been my doctor for close to 40 years and I have found him to be both a knowledgeable and responsive doctor. He has gone out of his way to be helpful to all members of my family. I would highly recommend Don to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2010

Dr. Norris was my Doctor for many years and switched when he told me that birth control was a woman's responsibility and that I should have my tubes tied and not expect that my husband should have a vasectomy. More recently when my husband when in he told him that he could only discuss one medical problem per visit - unbelievable!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2009

Dr. Norris has been our family doctor since I was born and before that my mom and dads. I think some people are been a little harsh with their comments! I'm a female who has absolutely no problem with him. I find him to be a very kind doctor, and now that I have kids I couldn't imagine anyone better! By far the best doctor, also I don't think he pushes medicine on people! Wow I just can't believe how frustrated I am with some of your comments! Great Doctor and we've had him for 3 generations!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2009