Ratings for Dr. Peter Satok

This is the worst doctor in Toronto. He does not listen to your problems. There is no two way conversation. He is uncaring, opinionated and self centred.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

I echo much of the January 4th review. Dr. Satok is a very knowledgeable physician and a great diagnostician; but he has made some inappropriate assumptions and has labeled me, which unfortunately has left me feeling judged and often uncomfortable in his presence.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

Dr. Satok used to be a great family physician. But like many in the system, he is getting burned out. Sometimes he is quick to pass judgment and condescending. He refers to specialists only reluctantly.. Plus, he seems to be much more interested in making money than he used to be. He's a nice person....just overworked and overtired, in my opinion. This is what our healthcare system is doing to once excellent GPs. Sad.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

There is new staff that has some attitude. The Dr. possibly arrogance, possibly work overload in stressed haste in my experience. Will see if things improve after he has time to adjust the take over. Get the feeling your own opinion isnt considered on a couple of different subjects.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

The worst family physician ever!! Rude, condescending, unhelpful with a bad attitude.... might as well go to a local walk in clinic- no joking!...and no....he does not care about you!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

He really cares about you. Had always guided me in the right direction with treatments. I have the a lot of trust in him.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

You must have been pressured to write such comments

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

I see a lot of comments being left here that Dr Satok is "rude, condescending, and unhelpful" or that he has "poor bedside manner". I find this ridiculous, and wonder what exactly these posters were looking for in a doctor. I cannot stress how good a physician Dr Satok is. He is wickedly smart, attentive, very insightful, and has provided a level of care and medical advice that I have been consistently impressed by over the 10 years I have been visiting his practice. He has exceptional listening and note taking skills, and is a strong advocate for his patients in providing introductions and referrals to specialists for any case that he feels would be better addressed by another doctor (I have known many doctors who prefer their own opinion to that of a specialist and are reluctant to refer). As a patient who has had issues with anxiety and depression as well as (fortunately few) physical maladies, it has also been my personal experience that he has a great deal of personal empathy. He has a genuine depth of understanding of these less cut-and-dry problems, and his role in helping address them. What I think many of the negative posters here may be responding to is that Dr Satok has a very "no bullsh1t" personality and manner in his treatment. He is not the kind of guy who wants to waste time arguing over something you read on Web MD or Google. He doesn't have the patience to hear about the garbage holistic remedy that your friend recommended. If you refused to take action or to take his advice on a solvable problem, he's not going to pretend that's in any way the fault of his practice or the specialist he referred you to that you didn't like. This isn't to say he's not good with people. He is good. He's just very clearly there to do his job, and to do it well. Anyone looking for someone to pamper or indulge them, or who will view the doctor-patient relationship as being something other than an expert treating a layperson should probably go elsewhere. If you're looking for one of the best, most genuine doctors in Toronto, try to see Satok.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

He has been our family doctor for over 20 years for my wife and I and our two children. Our experience is that he cares, he knows what he is talking about and he provides very good advice.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

I see my comment has been removed. I am deeply upset that Dr Weinstock died as his replacement is Dr Satok. When i told the staff i was unhappy they gave me a list od doctors Dr Weinstock left for pstiemts P

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017