Ratings for Dr. Peter Satok

The worst family physician ever!! Rude, condescending, unhelpful with a bad attitude.... might as well go to a local walk in clinic- no joking!...and no....he does not care about you!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

He really cares about you. Had always guided me in the right direction with treatments. I have the a lot of trust in him.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

You must have been pressured to write such comments

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

I see a lot of comments being left here that Dr Satok is "rude, condescending, and unhelpful" or that he has "poor bedside manner". I find this ridiculous, and wonder what exactly these posters were looking for in a doctor. I cannot stress how good a physician Dr Satok is. He is wickedly smart, attentive, very insightful, and has provided a level of care and medical advice that I have been consistently impressed by over the 10 years I have been visiting his practice. He has exceptional listening and note taking skills, and is a strong advocate for his patients in providing introductions and referrals to specialists for any case that he feels would be better addressed by another doctor (I have known many doctors who prefer their own opinion to that of a specialist and are reluctant to refer). As a patient who has had issues with anxiety and depression as well as (fortunately few) physical maladies, it has also been my personal experience that he has a great deal of personal empathy. He has a genuine depth of understanding of these less cut-and-dry problems, and his role in helping address them. What I think many of the negative posters here may be responding to is that Dr Satok has a very "no bullsh1t" personality and manner in his treatment. He is not the kind of guy who wants to waste time arguing over something you read on Web MD or Google. He doesn't have the patience to hear about the garbage holistic remedy that your friend recommended. If you refused to take action or to take his advice on a solvable problem, he's not going to pretend that's in any way the fault of his practice or the specialist he referred you to that you didn't like. This isn't to say he's not good with people. He is good. He's just very clearly there to do his job, and to do it well. Anyone looking for someone to pamper or indulge them, or who will view the doctor-patient relationship as being something other than an expert treating a layperson should probably go elsewhere. If you're looking for one of the best, most genuine doctors in Toronto, try to see Satok.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

He has been our family doctor for over 20 years for my wife and I and our two children. Our experience is that he cares, he knows what he is talking about and he provides very good advice.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

I see my comment has been removed. I am deeply upset that Dr Weinstock died as his replacement is Dr Satok. When i told the staff i was unhappy they gave me a list od doctors Dr Weinstock left for pstiemts P

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

I met Dr. Satok shortly before Dr. Weinstock's untimely death. It was Dr. Weinstock himself who said to me that Dr. Satok was the perfect physician to take over his practice at 39 Pleasant Blvd. Although I grieve for Mike still, Dr. Satok is fabulous. Btw, Alvin remains behind the counter as she has for Dr. Weinstock over the past 30 years. Alvin is as well a wonderful and kind woman. I heartily recommend Dr. Satok.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Dr. Satok has always been amazing & had my families best interest at heart. The only time he was late for my appt was because he was being extremely careful removing stitches from a child's face who was already traumatized from a dog attack, and he actually took the time to come & tell me why he was running late. Above & beyond!!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

We feel very, very lucky to have Peter Satok as our family GP. He is attentive, caring, knowledgeable, patient and will always err on the side of caution. I have never felt rushed or my concerns dismissed - I've never had to 'fight' to be heard as with some other doctors. Moreover, rare yet . . . He's super punctual! Rarely have I had to wait more than 5, max 10, later than my appt. Peter is the epitome of an ideal Family Practioner - if only he could be cloned ;) ( as a previous reviwere suggested).

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

Arrogant condersending controlling and poor bedside maner

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017