Ratings for Dr. Peter Satok

Been our doctor since 1990 and we hope for many years to come His new staff are not as good as his previous staff

flag | Submitted November 9, 2018

Dr. Satok is the best Dr. I have ever seen. He is extremely knowelgeable, helpful, and I have found, generous with his time. Satok has been my family dr. for about 10 years, and I have had only positive experiences. His staff can be frustrating, but front-line booking/reception staff in the medical industry are nearly uniformly terrible, and I am sure he has a hard time finding good help.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2018

Hands down the best doctor I have ever had. Grateful to have him as our family physician. He is professional, warm, caring and diligent.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2018

I have been living out of the country for the past couple years and when I am in Toronto I STILL make an effort to see Dr. Satok. I would gladly pay out of pocket at any point for his expertise. He has been my physician for over 20 years and when I shortly return to the province I will continue to see him. I am perplexed at some of the reviews that have cropped up in this forum. Peter Satok has never been anything but professional in my experience and has been an amazing physician. He has a fantastic support staff at his Edward St. practice. I hope patients viewing these ratings will look at the negative ones with a critical eye. Our health care system needs more physicians like Peter Satok.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

Dr. Satok has been my doctor for over 25 years. I couldn't have asked for a better physician. He's extremely punctual, caring, efficient, and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2018

I felt similar to many of the reviewers on this site. I brought my mom to meet him for the first time because he has taking over the office of my mom's previous doctor of over 30 years (the original doctor died months ago). The previous doctor requested to see her once a year but Dr. Satok requested to see her every 3-4 months, even though she's stable and hasn't had her meds changed in over 5 years now. I live out of the COUNTRY and spoke to him clearly that she cannot get to his office by herself so I could only bring her 2 times a year MAX and he agreed that it would be arranged. 2 weeks after the visit, my mom needed some regularly prescribed prescriptions, which they usually automatically send to the pharmacy but neglected to do so. I called the pharmacy and asked what the hold up was and they said it was the doctor who wasn't replying and re-filling her medications. I had to call them to ask what was happening and was told that the doctor wasn't comfortable unless he saw her every few months (to swipe her OHIP card $$$$) and that unless I agreed to his terms...he wouldn't want her as a patient. I should also mention that he wanted $140 a year as a fee for filling her prescriptions and thankfully, I hadn't sent that cheque to their office yet .... They had the nerve to send me a $30 bill to pay for one of her regular prescriptions. I called them to let them know how disgusting this whole situation was, that right before the 2017-2018 Holidays, they left my mother with no prescriptions refills to get by and sent me a $30 bill (which, believe me, I WILL NEVER PAY IT!!!) ....and oh, I forgot to mention, the main wording the secretary used (whom has known my mom for over 20 years, with that previous doctor) .... Her sharply spoken wording were something like : Dr Satok is NOT the previous doctor and his rules apply here (which I can understand respectfully) but also keeping that in mind, this is why we decided to meet with him and speak to him and then I made personal arrangements face to face with this guy, only to have his secretary fight his battle, of waiting until I called them, to tell us that he doesn't want to comply with HIS OWN arrangement that we both agreed on (during our appointment/meet & greet visit in his new office). It's not a simple process to find a doctor in December to take over for a senior who is 72. This doctor and his practice repulse me (for treating us that way)! I rated them fairly because they treated us horribly and thankfully for my mom's pharmacy, they were able to issue enough medications to get her by until we found the most wonderful and most caring doctor, close to our family home!! I rated them a 1 for punctuality because we were over 40 minutes in their waiting room, even though we had a set appointment made over 3 months prior and they were backed up. I rated them a 1 for staff & helpfulness, because as I stated, the oldest of the 2 secretaries, knows us for over 20 years and was clear cut, dry & cold with me and she went ahead and sent us an invoice (twice already) even though she knows we are NOT setting foot back in that office. I rated the doctor a 1 for knowledge because he didn't do anything at all (as a doctor and as a human being) to get us to drive over 35 minutes to meet with him, to clearly make arrangements and then go back on them (just like that!) ...... So, please meet with this man first before you decide that he's the right fit for yourself or your family member. Speak to him and get a feel (as I did) of how fake and smiley he is but I hope you see right past it and ask him some tough questions first before you decide to have him as your family doctor.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

I’ve gone to him for years because he wants the best treatment for me. He is why people should spend the time to get a family doctor. You can get meds at a walk in clinic but if you want treatment for the problem, he’s the one.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2018

This is the worst doctor in Toronto. He does not listen to your problems. There is no two way conversation. He is uncaring, opinionated and self centred.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

I echo much of the January 4th review. Dr. Satok is a very knowledgeable physician and a great diagnostician; but he has made some inappropriate assumptions and has labeled me, which unfortunately has left me feeling judged and often uncomfortable in his presence.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

Dr. Satok used to be a great family physician. But like many in the system, he is getting burned out. Sometimes he is quick to pass judgment and condescending. He refers to specialists only reluctantly.. Plus, he seems to be much more interested in making money than he used to be. He's a nice person....just overworked and overtired, in my opinion. This is what our healthcare system is doing to once excellent GPs. Sad.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018