Ratings for Dr. Heather Larton

I had just moved to Sudbury 15 years ago and needed a family doctor and fortunately found Dr. Heather Larton. I told her about a small pea-sized lump near my armpit, that my last doctor in Manotick had said "that it was nothing to worry about". Dr. Larton said that she wanted to book me for a biopsy... it turned out to be invasive ductal carcinoma. I had breast cancer and it needed aggressive treatment so I followed through with chemo and radiation. I later found a small lump on the other side and had moved to Kingston by then, that cancerous growth was caught early. I am very thankful to Heather Larton for her excellent medical attention.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

I wasn't very impressed. I went because I had ear pain and my ear was swollen on the inside, and there was fluid coming out. She removed some wax from my ear and told that that was the problem, even though it felt no better after the wax removal. A couple of days later, the abscess in my ear burst and all the fluid drained and finally the pain was relieved. But how could she miss that?

flag | Submitted March 25, 2010

Dr. Larton misdiagnosed my infant daughter who had pneumonia. Two days later, my daughter was admitted in the hospital for an extended stay. About 4 yrs. later, I went to see Dr. Larton because my periods were irregular. At that point, my period was 7 weeks late. Dr. Larton ran a urine-pregnancy test. She then informed me that I was pregnant. About 2 weeks later, I had a heavy period. Fearing I was having a miscarriage, I went to the emergency with my husband. The doctors then ran many necessary UNCOMFORTABLE tests (including a psychiatric test - for which they deemed I was indeed sane). They then told me that Dr. Larton and I were mistaken ... I was NEVER pregnant! I was having a normal period. I immediately booked an appointment with Dr. Larton. She did not admit error whatsoever; perhaps my urine got mixed up with another woman's??? Dr. Larton just said, “You must have miscarried.” -- You be the judge?!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2009

She is the best doctor I have ever had. I find so many doctors are pushing you out of their office so quickly, she is not like that at all - I felt like she was always listening to me so carefully. She tries her absolute hardest to get to the bottom of whatever seems to be bothering you - other doctors only treat symptoms, but Dr. Larton was the first one to look at underlying causes of issues. I think I cried with relief after my first appointment with her - FINALLY someone is listening and helping and making everything better. She is the best doctor ever.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2009

Fantastic doctor. It's not often you come across a doctor that is so very thorough and sensitive to your needs. She was honest, direct and very easy to talk to. No problem seemed to be too small and she went over all my concerns without that patronizing tone that some doctors seem to have. She not only provided me with great answers on my health concerns, but she went above and beyond informing me of other things that may be relevant to my health. Truly unbelievable physician anyone would be lucky to have. Yes the wait time was a little more than most would care to wait but for this level of care trust that it will ultimately be worth it!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2008

Dr.Larton basically skipped town on her patients! I was glad to hear she was leaving! Hopefully she will go back to school & specialize in OB/GYN. That seemed to be her only strong suit. As for treating my parents she really worried me. The waits were ridiculous & then to only be seen by residents / medical students! I felt that if my parents needed anything more than a script for a cold, she would run the other way & you wouldn't see her at all, but if it's for a "cushy money making" vitamin B needle she was always there with bells on! Even with the extreme shortage of physicians I'm glad she is leaving Sudbury. I was very happy to hear who my parents were transfered to.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2008

Dr.Larton is not my family Dr, but is my OB. She has taken care of me and delivered all 4 of my children. She is very caring and compassionate, and very down to earth. Although it usually is a long wait in the waiting room.. I find it to be worth it. And would for sure go back if I have another baby.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2008

Very good doctor for my son. She is absolutly amazing with him. But she is never on time and it takes 3 months to get in to see her.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2008

Yes it takes awhile to get an appointment. Yes you wait up to 3 hours in the office. Yes your appointment can get canceled at times. I am just thankful that I can say I have a doctor, lots of people are without one.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2008

Dr. Larton is a very caring and compassionate Doctor. However the length of time it takes to get an appointment to see her and the in office wait times on top of that are quite displeasing. I've yet to have appointments that weren't atleast 2 months or more apart. Seems as though there were far to many patients taken on from day one.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2008