Ratings for Dr. Cathy Scotland

Since Dr. Scotland is now with PCN- she rushes in and out of office...does not look at you..but the screen she types to...- poor listener .... Staff are not caring. Wait time is terrible and one can never get in even with an emergency.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

She is excellent and her referrals are exceptional. Couldn't ask for better care!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

Dr. Scotland has been my family doctor for 25 years and she is absolutely wonderful. I trust her completely and she takes all concerns seriously, and speaks in a very sensible and down-to-earth manner. She also seems to keep very updated on the latest information and treatment.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

Long time family doctor. Fabulous and great communicator.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Awesome Doctor. Great mannerism and caring. Has been my caregiver for almost 20 years

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

Dr Scotland has been our Dr. for over 23 years. I have no complaints as I find her very knowledgeable and not afraid to refer you to a specialist. I miss that she is no longer in her own office, where when you called they knew who you were. In the new office the staff make you feel like you are just another person, they don't know who you are and take no interest in finding out.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

Dr Scotland has been our doctor for 20 plus years. I have always found her to be authentic and genuine in her patient care. She is also very knowledgeable and quick to refer to other services that might be necessary.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Scotland for my entire life. Now that I am an adult and have sought out my own knowledge in regards to my health I have come to realize that Dr. Scotland does not know very much. It seems as though she has not continued to expand her knowledge since becoming a doctor, as she continually quotes outdated research to me that has long since been disproven or updated. She does not like when you ask her questions. She is aggressive, and extremely controlling. I do not trust her as a doctor because she continually shows that her knowledge is extremely limited. I think she wants her patients to simply come and obey/comply with everything that she says. If you waver from this in any way, she will be aggressive towards you (she touches my shoulders and in a loud and firm voice talks to me within inches of my face) and also patronize you. She doesn't listen to me and know very much about my health. I had an appointment with a naturopath who promptly asked and learned more about me and my health within 45 minutes than Dr. Scotland has ever known despite working with me for 24 years. She will interrupt me and somehow does all the talking when she has asked me about my health. If I had left my health in Dr. Scotland's hands then I would have been taking anti-depressants and birth control pills every day since the age of 20. I don't think she has my health as a priority. When I see her, I feel threatened and intimidated. I would not recommend her as a doctor and I am seeking new care for myself and my family.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

I have been seeing Cathy for nearly 16 years and she is one of the best family doctors out there by far. She always takes her time when she sees me and I never feel as though I'm being rushed. She might have a more tough-love approach but her advice is always informed and works if you follow through. Would recommend to anyone living in Calgary!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Scotland for nearly 20 years. She has always been respectful, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I feel very blessed to have her as my doctor and would highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2012