Ratings for Dr. Seth D. Fielding

Dr.fielding is not for everyone. There is a basic IQ requirement. Meaning that you need someone to help you think at a certain depth. People looking for empathy or validation should not go there. He is a shrink for smart people with that do not have self esteem problems

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

this is for the fans of feilding. he once ordered me to bring him a donut. dont think so! he should get his license pulled. the people here who love dr feilding do so because they are a product of abuse and they relate to and can only communicate on that level. sad excuse for liking someone. it is possible to get a great tough honest dr withOUT being berated. and he also said things about growing up to me-when he has no reasons to back it up. he only says that because EVERYyone looks like a baby to him, as hes old and bitter. i'm 40 and successful & he said that to me which was incredibly insulting if not patently false. for the person who said he does extra doctoring & brain scans -no. he would never take the time. did he ever do those things for you? do you Notice the short amount of time the appts are for? he prescribes dangerous drugs like lithium without doing the blood panels. hes a quack and he gets away with Murder because people in this town need meds. they'll put up with him but get real, hes not a Psychiatrist, hes not a nothing. He got his license 40 years ago and has learned nothing since then! i admit i thought he was interesting once too but i learned my lesson hes just not. and i wasnt looking for therapy or handholding or pity. i came for scrips but he cant even manage a civil conversation unless you are prepared to perform and overact. he has a compulsive need to insult. i went to him for TEN years. trust me.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

Where to start. Wholeheartedly agree with previous negative comments. Terrible patient manner. Uneccesarily gruff and curt, bordering on cruel and sociopathic. His only advice after 10 minutes: grow up and "I think I've earned my co-pay at this point." I felt worse when I left. This guy has never heard of "do no harm" and should have his license revoked. Found out later that his license to practice was examined and he was legally reprimanded in NJ.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

He builds himself up by tearing other people down. He didn't even know me yet and was extremely aggressive in his asking of questions. He didn't care about my needs, but only his. He told me that he was " too old to deal with me" and that I wasn't worth his time. Do not use this man as a doctor, his bedside manner was appalling, and childish. Hey doc. I want my 30 minutes back.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

I went in for a preliminary session with Dr. Fielding. He basically told me to buck up, not be a baby, and handle my problems myself! He obviously didn't want me to be his patient. He doesn't shake hands, is curt, and seems to want to get things over with as quickly as possible. I found him to be a very disagreeable person.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2012

I think he's fantastic. Do you want help and make changes? Or do you want a sycophant of a Dr. He gets right to the heart of it, makes you think, and gets you to the right place in the end.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2010

Knowledgeable, but, personally, I found him overly moody and thought that his clinical approach didn't develop over time --which is why I left. Perhaps would be good for patients with short, defined goals and high self-worth --for them, might have much to offer.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2009

My experience with Dr. Fielding is that he has been refreshingly direct. He says "talk to me." He's not cuddly or parental but he is upbeat and interested and focused on finding practical solutions. With other doctors, I have left feeling even more burdened; I was thrilled to find a doctor in New York whose office I left feeling less neurotic than I did when I went in.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

Impatient and rude, e.g., he asked me once (verbatim): "Do you understand English?!" Another patient I had a chance to speak with in his waiting room called his style "military" and I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, his hours worked with my work schedule best. Needless to say, it was a relief to find another doctor.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2008

Dr. Seth D. Fielding's Credentials

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1968)

Wellpoint