Ratings for Dr. Meena Mehta

I have had Sleep Apnea since 2004. I went to Dr. Mehta so that I could obtain new equipment (Hoses and a mask). I was originally told that I had to track down a copy of my previous study from 2004-which I did and paid for and then realized that it was not needed. I was told that a sleep study was needed and that it would be done without the CPAP machine. I told everyone who would listen (except Dr. Mehta as I am not sure that we have ever met) that I can't sleep without it. I was told to do the best I could. As expected I had 2 sleepless nights where not enough info was gathered. They were encouraging me to schedule another and to get my PCP to prescribe something to help me sleep. They also rescheduled my sleep study the day before. They then tried to reschedule the 2nd one and when I told the girl that they already rescheduled me once she said that I could keep the scheduled appointment-the person who rescheduled it was supposed to make a note in the file. Apparently the rescheduling of appointments is a regular occurrence. She then discharged me from her practice, which in all honesty, I deserved as my frustration was taken out on the phone with the person suggesting that I attempt a 3rd Sleep Study. I would not go back to her anyway but the whole experience was bad right from the beginning.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2018

My PCP referred me to Dr. Mehta to obtain a sleep study for suspected sleep apnea. Whether or not Dr. Mehta is a well-trained physician is sadly beside the point, since her practice is so incompetently managed as to interfere with patient care. Because Dr. Mehta’s staff made no evident effort to sort out a billing error and Dr. Mehta refused to acknowledge the problem, I never got the desired study. I paid Dr. Mehta $268.98 (adjusted from $400 by BCBS) for an initial meeting, a superficial encounter that served no useful purpose. (Unable to obtain the study from Mehta’s practice--I would not proceed until the staff corrected my insurance status and they never did--I was forced to go elsewhere. The practice to which I was next referred required me to repeat the screening interview.) I made repeated efforts to straighten out the insurance error with Dr. Mehta’s two office staffers, but I found the experience frustrating. I was continually told the problem had been resolved, only to find it had not. One staffer habitually blamed the other. The confusion extended over a period of months. During one phone call, a staffer asked if I wanted to speak to Dr. Mehta. I told her I wasn’t interested in getting anyone into trouble; I just wanted the problem fixed. I was put on hold for a few minutes and then, to my surprise, Dr. Mehta came on the line. I wasn’t expecting to talk to her, so I was momentarily off balance. Then something occurred to me: she may not know how badly her staff had been representing her, by ill-serving her patients. “Do you know what’s going on with your staff?” I blurted out. “I know everything that’s going on in this office,” she asserted, icily. I was taken aback. How does one respond to such complacency? She could not have made any clearer her indifference to my perspective. “Well, if that’s the case, maybe you want to extend me an apology,” I suggested. “I don’t believe in looking back,” she said. In short, my PCP did me no favor in referring me to the difficult Dr. Mehta.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

Appointments always late, patients already in waiting room and Dr hasn't even arrived yet. Dr. is complacent and condescending. Minimal effort from Dr. Mehta. Seems she's forgotten patients can pick another dr.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

Dr. Mehta is a wonderful doctor who is very concerned about her patients. She really knows her medicine and approaches everything logically. She has a heart of gold and always greets me with a smile and hug! She is concerned about the well being of each of her patients. The world would be better with more doctors like her. I just love going to see her because I know I am in excellent hands.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

The most personal doctor I've been to in a long time. I only waited ten minutes to be seen and she took her time with me. It was nice not being rushed out for once.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

Dr. Mehta is a wonderful doctor and person. She is my favorite doctor. I wish she could be the doctor I could go to for everything! She is a wonderful person and an excellent doctor. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wonderfully compassionate doctor.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

Dr. Mehta is a very knowledgeable and caring physician. Her staff is curteous and helpful. My experiences there have always been positive and I would recommend Dr. Mehta.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

Dr Mehta is an incredibly caring person. Her primary interest is in the patient's entire wellbeing as a person. I have always felt that the care I receive is top notch and she has fit me into her schedule on two occasions when I had an issue but didn't have an appointment. I highly recommend Dr Mehta! :)

flag | Submitted June 2, 2011

Husband has been w/this Dr. for 4 yrs- she has NEVER been on time for one appointment. Today was the last straw. -> Husband had appointment today (10/28)for 2pm sterling office ->>Shows up on time-office is locked and dark. Call main number - receptionist says "Oh, we tried to call on 10/9 to change appointment but we didnt get an answering machine" Ok, so I ask - 1)did you try to call again - answer - no. and 2) did you send a letter - answer - no. 3) Why did you cancel appointment? answer -we are doing only morning appt's in the Sterling office now and Marlboro appt's in the afternoon. We will be finding a a new doctor - one who cares more about her patience instead of how many satallite offices she can open.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2009

In two out of four appointments, the office staff was inefficient and I was not called for more than 45 minutes, even though I had arrived 10 minutes before the appointments and then waited anywhere from 30-40 minutes afterwards. In two other appointments, the doctor was late--45 minutes for one appointment and 2 hours for the second.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2009

Dr. Meena Mehta's Credentials

• Indira Gandhi Med Coll, Himachal Pradesh Univ, Shimla, Hp, India (Grad. 1981)

Top Hospitals in Concord, MA