Ratings for Dr. Lorna Carter

I've been a patient of Dr. Carter's my entire life, but unfortunately, it's time for me to find a new GP. I'm making this decision for several reasons: (1) Dr. Carter is taking on too many patients. Wait-times for appointments continue to increase, she now only works one evening (the rest during the day), and she's almost always late - by at least 40-60 minutes, no less! As a result, appointments are often rushed, and she gets rather frazzled when presented with larger and more pressing issues; (2) She no longer keeps up-to-speed with modern medicine. She's out of touch with modern diagnoses and treatment methods, and she has a poor rapport with younger patients (nt: I'm turning 21); (3) She's condescending, dismissive, and arrogant (re: poor rapport with younger patients). She has been dismissive of many of my own symptoms over the past several years, to the extent that she's been negligent. No patient should suffer because Dr. Carter wants to be "right", and that's the point she's at

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

Lovely kind lady. So grateful she has been my Doctor for 25 years. So easy to talk to and so easy to trust.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

I have been her patient for years and she delivered both of my children.If it wasn't for her I wouldn't have my husband today and if she doesn't know something she sends you to someone one who knows stat.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2012

I have been a patient since she started her practice ( so about 30 years) , she is a wonderful Doctor, listens, always has great information , accommidating in emergencies, I couldn't even think about going to another doctor, I will be sad when she retires. Hope not soon ! SHe is the best!!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2012

Dr. Carter has been my Dr. foreverI'll be sorry to see her retire. I'll be lost. Always has been #1 with me.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2012

She is a great doctor - I have been going to her for 30 years.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011

Dr. Carter has always been very helpful to me and my family. She is very knowledgeable and is never pressed for time with my visits. I do not mind waiting when she runs a little behind in her appointment times as I know she will afford me the same time for my visit. She never rushes me out the door. Always points me in the right direction when specialists are required.Absolutely pleased that she is my physician. Thank you Dr. Carter.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2010

My Doctor for close to 10 years, my wife's for longer. She has seen me through some bad stuff. I appreciate her style.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2010

Dr. Carter is undoubtedly one of the best doctors around. She is very knowledgeable. She always listens closely to what you are saying and never makes you feel rushed. She is always pleasant. I feel so fortunate that my family has her for a doctor!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2010

Dr. Carter is the best doctor I have ever had. She is very kind and understanding and knows exactly what she is doing. She delivered my son and had the staff at the hopital treat me wonderfully. She also helped me with a problem that I had been suffering from for years and didn't realize could be solved.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2010