Ratings for Dr. Chandani D. Fernando

I've seen this doctor three times (stomach infection, sprained thumb, ear infection). Excellent and friendly bedside manner. She asked all the right questions about my conditions. Properly diagnosed each condition, and prescribed the right medications for my illnesses.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

Horrific experience. She is arrogant, curt, and lazy. Every test result she believed was negative, was considered normal when I consulted specialists in the relevant areas. Ugh. Office staff a bunch of zombies.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

I did a blood test for my cholesterol level two weeks before, and went to see her as scheduled on 10/28/11. She would not review my report until I do a physical examination. I asked for a copy but she, fearing that I may not come back to patronage her clinic again, refused. Not only that, she yelled at me when I raised this legitimate request,a report she has not right to refuse. I came also for a prescription of Satin as my supply is running dangerously low. She did not give me last time, saying she needed the blood test first. Today, I left her clinic feeling humiliated and without the drug I need! Awful experience.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

She was really nice and friendly, and so was her staff. But I felt like she just wanted to go down the list of my bloodwork and explain each thing to me like she was checking off a list. She didn't seem very interested in trying to understand the big picture to help me solve my concerns. She just claimed that memory problems and headaches can be caused by way too many things and referred me to a psychiatrist instead. I didn't feel like that was the best referral for me. I also didn't like how I had to pay two co-pays here--one to have all the labs done and another on a later day for the appointment. And then she wanted me to come back another day to have her associate examine and test my wart (she confirmed that I would have to pay another co-pay) and after that, come for another series of appointments for him to treat the wart (each for separate co-pays).

flag | Submitted April 16, 2010

Dr. Fernando is a FEMALE with an excellent bedside manner. she is my primary care physician. she is very thorough & welcomes patient involvement in their own healthcare. I am very proactive & read up on health issues on the internet. i will then have questions which she will answer or actually admit if she doesn't have any experience with that specific topic. she does not hesitate to refer you to a specialist, unlike many docs who try to keep insurance dollars to themselves. the office has 2 other doctors & a nurse practitioner. I have recommeded many friends and they are all very pleased with the level of care & professionalism.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2010

Dr Fernando is the best internist I've been to: she is kind, gentle, competent, and highly ethical. Make her your family doc and you won't be disappointed. I have no idea what the comments about payments on other reviews are-I feel like I've been undercharged on occasion.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2010

Be careful here. This Doctor billed for an exam when she never ONCE put her hands on me. There was NO exam at all. She sat on the stool and listened for five minutes, ordered some blood work and then walked out. I was outraged that a Doctor would behave this way. Something serious is going to get overlooked by this Doctor and some patient is going to pay the price. If I wanted someone to listen to me complain I could have gotten that for free,,I was looking for a professional to examine me and evaluate my symptoms, instead I got a $175.00 bill for five minutes of air time. I won't be returning and will not recommend this center.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

that office seems to be a scam. they always charge me a $500 deductible even though the are in-network for me, so no deductible should apply. when i went in last week, they told me that they weren't taking insurance and i would have to pay and submit the claim myself. not going back there.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2008

Dr. Chandani D. Fernando's Credentials

• Ross Univ, Sch Of Med & Vet Med, Roseau, Dominica (Grad. 1990)

Top Hospitals in Princeton, NJ