Ratings for Dr. Prakash J. Doshi

ON 01/18/17, I visited Dr Doshi office. My family and I are regular patients for the last year. Sad to say our not one of our visit was gratifying. Most unpleasant and accomadating staff. With Doctors that have no ideas what they are doing communication with the doctors are impossible because they never speak. They are unable to diagnose the problemor even venture to give an explanation of what the problem might be. My visit yesterday was the last straw that broke the camel back. I was dizzy nausheada and headaches. I had a new insurance and because the receptionist was unable to verify the insurance company even though my family and I were patients for a year and a half she said the doctor was unable to see me. Once I told her I will pay cash he was available right away. He prescribed some medications without doing any test and three days later my conditions became worst. After looking into the medication I found out that it was common flu medicine called thareflu which was given to me under a fancy name and three days later I got worst. Visited Dr Ghandi in Jersey city he was recommended by someone with an injection and some medications I wS back on my feet again what a difference. That is my new family doctor and we are 10 strong so happy I would never see that office again. What a big joke.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Horrible staff with equally unqualified doctor... They would force you to go through various unnecessary tests... very greedy and unprofessional!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Dr. Doshi is a professional and wonderful physician. I work in the medical field and was glad to have his help while dealing with a serious skin condition. I can also appreciate his honesty when it comes to weight/dietary issues. His receptionists/front desk girls are horrible. One girl was even wearing flip flops with her scrubs. They are very chatty,loud and rude. They are unprofessional and make the practice look bad. I hope Dr. Doshi is able to find better staff.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

This is one of the worst doctors I have ever been too ! All of the doctors there have no idea , and do not put there time and heart into you! they see like over 60 patients a day and rush through each and one of them, the wait is always long . When I used to pay them cash they took there time with me and helped me and even called me from time to time about my results , when I got my insurance it all stopped ! Very unprofessional , this doctor also prescribed me medicine that I was very allergic to , after a few days of taking the medicine I came into his office with my heart racing, extreme anxiety, I lost 20 lbs in like 2 weeks , had depression, headaches .. His answer was to send me to a psychiatrist , I actually thought I was going crazy , and he never told ,me to stop taking the medicine, he said to keep taking them.. Until I got rushed the next day to the hospital we found out it was all the medicine he told me to take . He has no idea what he has done to me and has very little knowledge !!!! I do not recommend this doctor ever to no one !!!!!! Thank god for my other doctor who really sat with me for 2 hours listened to me , understood what I felt, helped me make this horrible feeling go away. All without medicine ! Naturally ! I'm just saying these doctors got really lucky cheating on that test to become a doctor lol because they have no idea ! Who educated these people ?!?! Very disappointed

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Dr. Doshi is a great doctor, but the other doctors there are awful. The other male doctor barely speaks and just grunts or stares into space, Dr K. does not listen and is very pretentious and demeaning, and the receptionists are the absolute worse. They are rude, unhelpful, and incompetent. The male doctor who grunts wanted to leap to putting my wife on a dangerously high dose of Paxil right away when she complained of some moderate depression/anxiety. When I spoke to another doctor(a friend of mine) who had taken Paxil herself, she was extremely concerned that he didn't try something nonaddictive first (Paxil is for life!!) and she was alarmed at the dosage he prescribed. Unless you can see Doshi (who I repeat is very nice and a good doctor), you should not go here. Even in seeing Doshi though , keep on top of the receptionists or they will screw up your paperwork and then be nasty to you for it.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

PERSONALLY I CAN SAY THAT IVE BEEN FINE WITH THE SERVICES OF DR K & DR DOSHI - THE STAFF IS AMAZING AND ARE VERY KIND,GENEROUS AND KNOWLEDGEABLE . I HAVE RECCOMMENDED MANY OF MY FAMILY MEMBERS AND FRIENDS THERE AND SO FAR HAVE GOT NOTHING BUT GOOD WORDS FROM THEM.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012

flag | Submitted December 6, 2011

Dr Doshi is fine but Dr. K is the most arrogant doctor who has no remorse for others - she only thinks for herself.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011

Dr. Doshi is the kindest, most caring doctor I have ever been to. He is also VERY knowledgeable and thorough. He will also take the time to listen, he never rushes. That is why, when I have to wait I don't mind.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2009

He is very knowledgeble and courteous with his patients.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2008

Dr. Prakash J. Doshi's Credentials

• Topiwala Nat'L Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1984)

MSP/BC Med