Ratings for Dr. Adam Karp

I looked for a doctor who is all about practicing good medicine----I do not go to a doctor for 'company' and small talk. I found this in Dr Karp who is an extremely thoughtful and conscientious doctor. When extra time is unexpectedly needed during a visit, he does what is necessary and is reassuring, even though it throws his schedule off. Dr Karp calls punctually with test results so I have no anxiety I appreciate and trust Dr Karp's judgement and his obvious concern about his patient's health. I am very grateful to have such a fine doctor.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

Terrible "doctor". Pray you don't get this one. Other poor reviews are accurate. Seems like he has a good gig getting pre-surgical clearance patients shuffled towards him. After seeing the anesthesiologist, who was competent and added value, they sent me to see this quack to get a form signed. Turns out it is a separate practice within NYU and you get hit with a second co-pay and pricy consultation charge. Waited for over an hour just for a 6 minute visit. Prior reviewer was correct in that a few perfunctory questions are asked while he works on emails and other people's charts. Can't someone at NYU fire this guy?

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

Horrible, medically ignorant, nonhygienic internist. I was assigned this doc for medical clearance. I should have just gone to my own primary care physician for visit. Visit with Karp lasted maybe 5 mins, mainly with him typing up report on ANOTHER patient's chart. Literally made me sit there while he was working on another pt's charts.VERY UNPROFESSIONAL & RUDE,unpleasant,repugnant,arrogant,unhygienic (his labcoat looked filthy,his hands grimy.His arrogance likely compensates for his lack of attractiveness.He even admitted he knew absolutely NOTHING about my health issues even though he had my chart right in front of him. When I asked basic questions about pre-op instructions, he stated he knew nothing about what I should expect the day of my surgery. How could a doctor know NOTHING about hospital policies regarding pre-op procedures when he does MEDICAL CLEARANCE on a regular basis??? RIDICULOUSLY INCOMPETENT. DO NOT RECOMMEND. STEER CLEAR OF THIS DOC.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

Overpriced consult. Entire NYU system, my primary Dr. and surgical Dr. take BC/BS insurance, Dr. Karp does not. Tried to use BC/BS Insurance. Nobody bothers telling you until you get the bill, and you will foot the whole markup yourself. Waited for over an hour for a couple minutes visit that I was forced to do for pre-surgical clearance.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2013

Highly recommen, but don't want him to become to popular, Affraid of long lines.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2010

Dr. Adam Karp's Credentials

• Chinese

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1987)

GHI

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I looked for a doctor who is all about practicing good medicine----I do not go to a doctor for 'company' and small talk. I found this in Dr Karp who is an extr..."

October 24, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Terrible "doctor". Pray you don't get this one. Other poor reviews are accurate. Seems like he has a good gig getting pre-surgical clearance patients shuff..."

September 3, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=418443'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.0

February 13, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=418443'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.3

February 5, 2014