Ratings for Dr. Melinda J. Wheatley

Nice person but not a very good doctor unfortunately. She has misdiagnosed members of my family and myself. Every time I or a family member went to an appointment we had to wait around an hour before we went into a room and then had to wait an additional 15 to 20 minutes. We have all decided to get new doctors and will not go back to see her. I would not recoomend her.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Dr. Wheatly is professional yet personable. She works closely & cohesively with specialists. She reviews all of my medication(s) with me (including long term medications) each time I go in & makes sure I am knowledgable about them. She works holistically, not need by need basis and looks at my over-all health. She suggest health supplements to aid in my medical care; however, she does not pressure me to do so. I am comfortable in telling her my concerns. She is supportive & responds to my concerns. A nurse stays in the room, silently taking notes on the computer. The office staff are polite & knowledgable. There is an office manager working in conjunction with office staff & the doctor. The office manager keeps up-to-date on patients. Tests & specialists are made by the office manager & are timely made. I have never found myself having to follow-up, because of their promptness of following up with me. She is highly recommended.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2014

After going to her for over a year I finally got fed up with her and her staff always making mistakes, especially when it came to lab work and follow-ups ect... And, the wait time to see her is always over an hour. Frankly I am disappointed to say even though she is nice I am not impressed with her and have since found a new Doctor who seems better qualified.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

This dr. invests time with people she likes, not others. First appt. she is up close and personal, after that it's like you're a bother, unless a friend maybe. Cancels appointments often..too many personal issues perhaps...only takes BCBS or Cash...not interested in doctoring maybe? Would not recommend...staff seems to change over like the nurses. Says she's into wellness and seems to try, but then forgets later and seems preoccupied or depressed often. If you are sent to specialist or for x-ray or biopsy, you have to go back for appt. to get results...that is if they can find them, or your chart...then charges just to tell the outcomes from being referred. Spends lots of time talking, more than listening, then charges for HER talk time.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

Very good dr, i enjoyed the fact that she shows you at home remedies that could help your cold or allergy. This was very helpful since i do not like to be on a bunch of different medications. Overall great Dr.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2011

I have been looking for a doctor who doesn't just write me a prescription for every problem my 5 kids have. Also, I would like someone who has another solution, not just the well this is a viral infection you'll just have to wait it out. I was thrilled that Dr. Wheatley could actually suggest some 'at home' type remedies that have some scientific backing when using antibiotics was not appropriate. She takes time to talk through all of my concerns, (with 5 kids), and always has some good advice. I appreciate her willingness to talk through an issue and not just give a pat answer, and with that I understand that today I may need a slightly longer visit and so the next guys appointment may run 5-10 minutes behind, next time it might be me waiting while she helps someone else, but I don't feel like she overbooks. I appreciate her thoughtful responses and knowledge of more than just a pharmaceutical handbook. She is very personable and the kids love her kindness and sense of humor.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2011

She is very judgmental , does not listen to your concerns . She more or less just shrugs off any concern that you might have.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

Very easy to talk to! I had a good experience for my physical.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2010

Lazy, does not offer must help when it comes to a diagnosis.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

Not a good person. Due to personal conflicts, Dr. Wheatley twice cancelled appointments I had made to review biopsy results. The last time I called, her nurse told me I was to wait yet one more month. I asked them to see if they could work me in sooner since I had already waited two months. They would not - I asked how I filed a complaint and they told me not to come back. I do not see that as compassionate or caring. But thank goodness I had to change drs. My new dr found extensive food allergies causing many issues. Dr. Wheatley did not even look at that as an issue.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2008

Dr. Melinda J. Wheatley's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 1991)