Ratings for Dr. Valerie Peck

Rude receptionist, always keeps you waiting at least an hour.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

So, like others posting here, the experience goes something like this.....make an appointment, usually 2-3 months out, though I don't for the life of me understand why this office is that busy. Arrive on time.... wait minimum 1 hour, and not unusual for it to be much longer. You get into the examining room and are given the "bum's rush", either because she is way behind schedule, or she has somewhere better to be. You get your blood drawn, await the results and guidance, which is btw what you're paying for, but wait! the assistant will tell you , when you finally call to see if your lab results are back ( they came back days ago) yes but they only send them to patients who ask for them...huh? and....the Doctor will only call you to discuss the results if you have a question. Yeah...I have a few questions....am I OK,.... what did you find,..... how am I doing..... Best question yet... what am I doing wasting my time and money on this Doctor. She couldn't be less engaged or helpful; at least in my experience.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Dr. Peck seems highly disorganized. As for wait time, for my first visit she kept me waiting 1 3/4 hours. I thought it was an anomaly. After it happened again, for my second visit, I began calling about 20 to 30 minutes before all future scheduled appointment for a "real" time to show up. And even then, I often have had to wait 30 to 45 minutes to see her for an exam, then another spell before she admits me into her office for a consultation. As for the disorganization, when I first went to her, she said I should have my annual bone density scans performed at the same facility, preferably on the same machine, for consistency. But for the most recent scan, she sent me to a different facility -- NYU hospital. When I met with her to review the results, which at first she could not find, she asked ME why she had sent me there instead of to the facility she'd sent me to for previous scans. Lastly, in answer to a question about my cholesterol, she said I should talk with my regular doctor.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

I totally agree with all other patients. The wait time is abnormal long. At my last app. the waiting time was over 2 hours and nobody bothered calling me to notify that shes running behind time. Had to leave early from work for no good reason. Finally after 2hrs waiting we went into her office and guess what?? there was another half hour wait!!! I was really mad,exhausted and just wanted to see myself home!!Was told shes gonna call me back for results. Well im still waiting for results- its 1 week now!!! Her knowledge was good but really doesn't pay...

flag | Submitted October 31, 2013

There is always a 2 hour wait, and an additional wait to see the doctor in her office after examination. Never an apology, The rudest receptionist. Dr Peck seems very disorganized, and returns calls at 8:30 or 9 pm. I finally found another doctor and am much happier.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

I like Dr. Peck, unfortunately I have had to find another Doctor as the average wait on my last 3 visits was 2 hours. I tried calling before my visit but, the phone is busy and I have to leave to get to her office.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

After dealing with a rude scheduler and waiting a month for an appointment I arrived in the office and faced rude staff including staff yelling at patients and insulting patients over the phone. After waiting an hour and half and finding out that they lost the files sent over from my GP I left.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

Dr. Valerie Peck needs to organize her office time better. The wait time is about 2 hrs. I told her secretary when I made my appointment that it was my lunch hour and that I could not wait 2 hours. Of course, I waited one hour and 20 minutes in a hot office for her to see me. I finally asked for my records and left. The secretary said that Dr. Peck would call me to apologize which she never did. She could have called me for the test results instead of making me wait. I found another endocrinologist who was far better and had a better reputation. Dr. Peck should be admonished for her poor treatment of her patients.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2010

I have to agree with the other posters-- Peck is a horrible doctor. Her office waiting area is a disaster area which you're bound to become intimately familiar with as you sit trapped in it for hours before she deigns to finally show up. Her assistants are uniformly awful-- especially the receptionist who never returns calls, almost always seems to be eating something foul smelling at her desk, and is just all around rude. Once you're finally seen by Peck, don't expect much in the way of compassion or analysis. While I could forgive her utter lack of human concern, her inability to parse test results is unforgivable. I've given her a few chances and each time I've seen her, she's been scrambling to read my charts while I sit in her office, staring at the ceiling. Her theories are, frankly, pretty lame and are no more specific or useful than those that my internist brother in law can come up with-- and, unlike Peck, at least he admits that his knowledge in endocrinology is lacking.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2009

Brusk, unreasonably late for every appointment and refuses to acknowledge that fact, ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONALITY. She is not worth the aggrivation when there are so many other fine doctors out there.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

Dr. Valerie Peck's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)

Centene