Ratings for Dr. Michael W. Joyce

I went to him because a CT scan showed a mass in my left lung, he looked at the scan & recommended a bronchoscope, I met with him after the bronchoscope for him to tell me he could not reach the mass & his diagnoses was " I have no idea what it is but it shouldn't be there & I wouldn't ignore it". All that trouble, inconvenience & $800.00 out of pocket for the hospital procedure only to find out he did not know what is was. I scheduled an appointment at Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, another bronchoscope with a biopsy & sonogram - they were able to reach the mass & do a proper diagnoses, end result was stage 3 lung cancer. I wasted precious with Dr Joyce, he should have sent me somewhere like HUP right away where they have the expertise & equipment to do a proper diagnoses.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

Mom was in ICU twice this year,on a vent. He only visited hosp 7am when no family was around. Randomly called my aunt, sisters,with comments "she's stable, that's really all". Never answered calls, pages in hosp. Refused a family consult bcuz we thought mom was dying and wanted to know what the hell was going on. Bedside manner sucks.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009

Dr. Michael W. Joyce's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1991)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Toms River, NJ