Ratings for Dr. David S. Granite

The best GP in the area. His staff is the best by far!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

I was a patient at Family Physician's Practice for 10 years. The care and attention I received in the exam room was usually comforting+adequate. The entire place is outdated. I don't mind sitting on an exam table from the 60's, but the lack of care invested in creating a comfortable ambience for patients is telling. Dr. Granite might be wonderful at old-fashioned medicine and quirky bedside manner, but until you are face to face with him, the experience is miserable. I have been kept on hold for up to 40 min, so I just drove over there (still on hold) and they were sitting there casually chatting. I have had to redeliver my medical history from memory, because they couldn't locate my chart- twice. I have been asked to describe my PERSONAL medical issue in the waiting room while a line of patients (some of whom I knew) stood behind me. I thought all doctor's offices were run this way, until I moved and discovered a wonderful new practice. I hope they make improvements.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

I am leaving this practice. Dr. Granite should retire. He laughingly told me that my symptoms indicated that I might have a brain tumor - who does that?? That was the very last straw. I had stayed there because I could see Dr. Morales but he has left the practice and if you don't use Dr. Granite, you are out of luck. I don't know how he stays in business. I had previous issues with him but nothing tops his comment when I was under extreme stress...and obviously, my issues were not resolved by him.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2012

Does not have control of his office staff. Office staff is rude and lies stating they talked to the doctor and when confronting the doctor he has no idea that they didn't confirm with him. This is his doctors office and he needs to know how his staff is treating his patients.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

Very knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. Office staff has been very friendly for the most part. He and his staff have been our family physicians for almost eight years now.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

Support staff weak, unfriendly and always "busy" it seems. This rubs off on doctors (or originates with them, no idea). Not a pleasant experience overall.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

Dr. Granite is a very nice man and does not rush you out of his office.He answers questions and checks if he is unsure.He is not good about making sure routine tests(mammograms,paps,prostate) are ordered though.He is not the reason we are leaving this practice, however. It is his reception and in particular, his billing person. Twice I have been charged for "no show" appts.which I did not make.This last time i was threatened with additional lawyer fees if i did not pay, so i paid,saying please have the biller call me when she returned from her time"out of town".Three calls and a month later i can not reach her despite messages left .I was told by another staff person that"there is no way it will be removed from bill" and there is apparently no record of who made the appt or when. What i know is that it was not me and the attitude there stinks. A nice man needs a much nicer and more competent staff. We are done.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2011

Staff is very incompetent on basic level, not warm at all. Surprised doctor not more knowledgeable for amount of years in practice.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

Dr. Granite has been my doctor for 23 years. I no longer live close to him but I would always drive to see him. He's a solid, caring doctor, rare to find these days, and I trust him completely.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2011

Dr. Granite is of a vanishing breed, a family/community doctor who knows each patient personally and cares for them as a professional and as a friend. Everyone on his medical staff is the same way. His administrative staff have been disappointing in the past, but the people he has now seem much better, in terms of both efficiency and warmth.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2010

Dr. David S. Granite's Credentials

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 1972)