Ratings for Dr. Philip S. Anson

He didn't provide any good diagnosis for me and didn't help with the pain and told me I shouldn't have it, well I do.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Dr. Anson performed my back surgery many years ago. He may not be a big huge teddy bear but he is a darn good surgeon! I told him how nervous I was about the 18 inch scar down my back and how I was afraid I was going to get bullied in school for it (I was a teenager when I had the surgery done) and he made extra certain the scar was perfectly straight and healed beautifully! He might not be there to give you a hug through the entire thing but if you're looking for someone who knows what they're doing and is great at what they're doing I suggest you see Dr. Anson.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

I have had many back surgeons and Dr. Anson far surpasses the others. His level of compassion and understanding as well as his desire to "solve" each mystery is motivating. His team (Anne and Mary) make me feel as if they are always there for me and will do whatever it takes to help me.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

Arrogant beyond description. He stood in the open doorway of the exam room; he couldn't even be bothered to come all the way into the room to talk to me and my daughter. He was not interested in discussing her condition with us; he did not ask her about the nature of her pain or about her activities or lifestyle, nor did he answer our questions. All he did was order very expensive tests, then fail to explain the results. When one test came back negative, he ordered another more expensive test. Anyone can order tests; we were hoping for a doctor who actually administers to patients. Dr. Anson was the wrong choice.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

As others have reported, he s empathy-impaired. He was entirely unsympathetic about pain. After I got out of the cast for a broken wrist, he told me to start using it as much as possible, and I had to ask him for a wrist brace. If I had followed his instructions, it would have been a disaster. Fortunately he did refer me to a great OT, so I didn't have to see him again.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

This doc sucks! I have seen him a few times. He is never consistent in what he says for treatment. One visit I need surgery, the next I dont. I was in an accident with a tractor trailor which resulted in a back and neck injury, and because I was in litigation, he refused to see me anymore. He told me to clear that issue up and then he would see me again. Talk about discrimination! Very rude and heartless. This doc should not be practicing. Anybody in pain does not deserve a docs bad attitude.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

i was very upset with the way he abruptly changed his mind i=on what type surgury my friend needed. told us what to do and what we couldn't do outside the medical field.brash at the hospital and rude to the staff at hospital.have huge reservations as the surgery turned out very poorly

flag | Submitted July 28, 2012

Very professional and knowledgable. Dr Anson was very concerned about all aspects of healing and answered questions about my sons very significant surgery. This made our discision more comfortable about trusting our sons life in his hands. We are so thankful and pleasantly suprized with the outcome.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2012

Arrogant and just plain mean! Had 2 opperation's both failed the pain is unbareble i hope he sleeps well.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2012

Dr. Anson performed my back surgery some years ago. He had me back on my feet in no time. just a wonderful doctor. I would see him again should I need him.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2011

Dr. Philip S. Anson's Credentials

• Suny At Buffalo Sch Of Med & Biomedical Sci, Buffalo Ny 14214 (Grad. 1979)