Ratings for Dr. Myrtle Oates

She killed my twins 21 yrs ago prayers for all her patients then tucked tail and ran to Texas

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Was my dr in 2004 veryyyyyyyyy rude wouldn't recommend her to anyone she came into the delivery room and told everyone to get out if they weren't the parents was a bad experience for me with it being my first child she was rude at every dr's visit I had neverrrr go to this lady.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Very knowledgeable. Very kind and patient. If you have a problem, she is the one to see.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

I had my first baby with dr. oats I had a c sec and I had an infection After that ive never had any kind of surgery vso it was all new to me when I went to ger office on top if waiting an hour she laughed at me while cleaning my infection I felt so bad and after my appt. I saw her talkin bout me me with her staff also laughing she shouldn't be a dr and her staff as to go....

flag | Submitted March 22, 2014

I had my two daughters with Dr. Oates. Each time, I had very difficult pregnancies. Dr. Oates is knowledgeable and is not afraid to make medical decisions. She is firm and matter of factly, and very proactive in her approach. I like her and I will definitely be returning to her in the future.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2012

Dr.Oates has delivered 3 of my children. The first one when I was only 18 yrs old. I love her and could not imagine trusting anyone else with the job. She is a little sarcastic, but I like that about her. She makes me feel comfortable everytime I'm in her office. Everyone on here giving her negative reviews must be incredibly sensitive and have some out of the ordinary expectations of what their doctor should be. I have had horrible experiences before and Dr. Oates is a breath of fresh air. I will definitely return to her for any of my needs.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

I have been with Dr. Oates for the past 14 years. I have never, ever in any of my entire time had a bad experience with Dr. Oates. She has delivered both of my children and performed 2 surgical procedures on me in 2 seperate years. And each time I have had the same great experience under her care. Of course the nurses at the hospital do a lot of work during labor, that is understandable. I would'nt expect the Dr to get me ice, to wipe my head or to hold my hand and treat me like a kid. That is not their job. I need the Dr to be strong in the operating room and the labor room because I am going to be weak. Dr Oates is a great professional and a wonderful person. She has a wonderful sense of humor and great bedside manners. My deliveries were smooth (no epidurals) and my surgerical procedures were successful. She relaxed my nerves and fears and answered all of my questions and concerns. YEs, I would & have recommended her as a physician. She's a doctor that knows her stuff.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012

I was very disappointed with my experience with Dr. Oates, she was very unprofessional and rude. I always waiting over an hour in the waiting room and also had to wait in the examination room. While in labor the nurse was more helpful then her. Once I received my epidural for my pain I couldn’t really feel my contraction. Dr. Oates kept telling me to push once a contraction came I asked her was I having a contraction because I couldn’t feel them Dr. Oates responded “you tell me you’re the one having the baby”. Once I was finish delivering my son her and the nurses was talking about going to club while she was still stitching me up. I WILL NEVER REFER HER TO ANYONE

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

This doctor is by far the worst doctor i have ever met. I would not recommend her to anybody. Everytime I had a doctors appointment i had to wait over an hour in the waiting room plus an additional 30 minutes in the exam room, and all she would do just coming bearly check me and she will never fully answer my questions, my breaking point for her was one time that i had an appt at 9.30am i got there 10minutes early and when i got there all the lights were off and doors were locked and patients were outside waiting. Nobody from the office called me that my appt was cancelled and when i tried calling them there was no answer, by far the most unprofesional doctors office ever, all I did was waste my time there.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2010

Dr.oates was once my doctor in 2004 and she was the most horrible doctor ever she was rude and disrespectful to me and my husband i would advise everyone woman to not see this lady at all she shouldnt even be a physician PERIOD because she will make u regret it the rest of your life......

flag | Submitted October 14, 2010