Ratings for Dr. Michael Gitterman

I have found Dr. Gitterman a caring Doc, but sometimes not as efficient as needed. He has old fashioned ideas and did not catch some important medical matters with myself and one of me children. Further, he can be really friendly and next visit curt and almost rude. I find the NP's much easier to deal with. Yes, I also find the Reception area seems to have become inefficient - nobody there at all last visit while patients were waitng!! Time to let new docs enter the practice. Also, he has so little availability that it is a waiting period of weeks to get in. Who can wait that long to see their Doctor. Very unfair for patients.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Dr. Gitterman has been my doctor for decades and he is the best doctor there is. I now have a baby and he was extremely caring and attentive during my pregnancy as well as now after the baby has been born. It's a shame he doesn't deliver anymore because I'd have stayed with him for the delivery too. Nobody compares, he is absolutely the best there is. Only downside is there is one receptionist who is not exactly easy to talk to or to deal with but all other staff have been amazing and thankfully she works only certain days/hours. No complaints whatsoever about Dr. Gitterman.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

Dr Gitterman has been my Doc for 35 years ( in fact he delivered me!) . He has been my family's Dr for at least 38 years, and is now my baby's doctor too. When I recently had complications post partem, he went above and beyond to ensure I was seen by the best specialists . I was extremely grateful for all the work he put in to helping me through that difficult time. He was compassionate and caring . I also always appreciate how promptly he gets back to his patients with test results. He really understands the anxiety we all go through wating to hear about results, unlike many GP's who just don't care. As a healthcare professional myself, I know how rare it is to find family Doctors that really go that extra mile for their patients.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

Dr. Gitterman refused to allow my daughter to get a blood test multiple times as we do not know her blood type. He insisted we call the hospital, who did not release the information to us. Frustrating as we have been trying to get her blood type for many years now. Also can never get an appointment as he is constantly on vacation or overbooked. Minimum 1.5 week wait.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

Dr. Gitterman has been my doctor since 1982 and he's fabulous. I never feel like I'm just a "number"... he always takes the time to listen to any concerns or issues I may have and if a specialist is needed, he always refers me to someone reputable. He was my sons' doctor throughout their childhood and teen years until they moved out of the province, but they loved him. With Dr. Gitterman as my doctor, I know I'm in the best hands possible.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

Excellent Doctor, very informed and caring. Brilliant.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

I have been seeing Dr gitterman for over 20 years now and am always pleased with his promptness, his dedication , and his kind way.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Great Doctor, very knowlegable, helpfull, friendly and confident in what he is doing. Could not ask for a better doctor. The only downside is extremenly long wait times for appointments. If you get your appointment with Dr. Gitterman in two weeks you are lucky. Wait time in the office is also very long.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

Dr. Gitterman has been my families Doctor since I was born. There is no other medical professional that I trust more, with my health and the health of my children

flag | Submitted November 2, 2013

Dr. G. has been our family doctor for 30 years now - he is without a doubt the best doctor ever!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011