Ratings for Dr. Lin M. Vikner

Dr. Vikner helped us delivered three successful babies. The first pregnancy was a singleton and second pregnancy was twins.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

She is very rude, speaks only what she wants to say, and disrespects your profession. She should have learned common sense and communication skill before getting MD. Please do not let her waste your time and money!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Dr. Vikner is not rude she is just cold. I think bad information should not be given over the telephone,9 AM, while a woman is at work starting her day! She should have her staff make appointments and she should give the patient the bad news so she can properly explain the information and offer suggestions. She is the doctor NOT HER STAFF!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

If you value your health and your unborn child, please see someone else. Absolutely no bedside manner - she is downright rude and condescending, she made MANY poor judgement calls during my sisters delivery. The absolute worst doctor I've ever encountered.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Very cold, demanding, and rude. Ahe insisted that I get induced on my due date to prevent my baby from gettimg big. He wasn't big at all. I was in labor for 10 hours and when I was pushing she called me lazy. When I went for a surgery she didn't even introduce herself to the family members who were with me and she left the hospital right after the surgery without even speaking to me or my family. At the consultation she said I would be sent home with pain medicine but whe just gave instuctions to the nurse to give me Motrin. The nurse was shocked that we were not given a script for pain medicine. My family convinced her to give me pain meds and had to go to her office to get the script where she told my family member that she babies me too much. Her office staff are very nice and she is very good with drawing blood. Overall I regret xhoosing her due to her rudeness and lack of respect to her patients.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Dr. Vikner is not good at surgery at all. She did the abortion surgery for me one month ago. Before the surgery, she was so worried about you. The first time I visited her was at my baby's 8 weeks. She told me that there was no life in the uterus without any blood test. Then she encouraged me to schedule the surgery in the next morning without ultrasound. She didn't care about my feeling at all. After that she asked me to go to the hospital to do the ultrasound for confirmation. But the hospital did not give me the report even when I asked for it. They just said they have called the doctor, which made me feel upset. The surgery she said was very successful. But after the surgery, it kept bleeding for a month and the blood flood took place. When I asked to check anything wrong with the uterus, she refused. She doesn't care about the patient maybe she is afraid of confronting her bad surgery skill. Or she already made large amount of money from you, and she doesn't care the little money from the follow up. Even though the staff are very friendly, the doctor is the one who matters in the hospital. Never find this doctor. I can't regret more.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Dr. Vikner delivered my first baby and I regret having her as a doctor. She convinced me to have an unnecessary induction on my due date. Claiming the baby was big and at risk for infection. My baby was not big but she wasn't ready to come out yet either. 18 hours of labor, 2 hours of pushing. Once it was time to push she loudly complained, "I knew you would push like this" after ten minutes of pushing and stormed out of the delivery room, like a toddler having a tantrum. She didn't guide me on how to push. The main reason for this story is that she needed to use the vacuum to get my baby out and it's caused health issues for her growing up. If you do end up under her care, do your own research before she convinces you to induce for no real medical reason.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Dr. Vikner is a fantastic doctor. I don't get the reviews about her being rude. She is always very nice, chatty, and even pretty funny. When I had 3 UTIs in a year, she was concerned and spent a good 30 minutes with me in her office going over all the potential causes and treatments. She also goes out of her way to help you pay your bill if you're uninsured and will give existing patients a break on the price if you lose your coverage. She is thorough, knowledgable and upfront. Yeah it may sting to be told you may have a medical issue but at least you are not left in the dark or made to do your own research. She is more interested in giving you her medical opinion than being friends. I highly recommend her and her staff is sweet and helpful.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

My husband and I like Dr. Vikner she is right to the point and her main concern is the well being of her patient. She doesn't mess around at all.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

Before I decided to visit her office I read a lot of reviews claiming how mean and cold she is, but I was suprised. When I came to the office her staff was so nice and I walked right in. I waited a while during my first appointment only because she was examining someone else and spent a good amount of time doing so. I was a bit impatient because this is my first pregnancy and I really wanted to see the ultrasound, but I just waited it out. Finally she came in and she was actually really nice and not cold or careless like many people stated. She spent a lot of time with me and was very nice to my boyfriend. She asked me if I had questions about three times to make sure I understood everything. I'm very pleased with her and her staff as they never forget my face. The nurse and receptionist are very nice at all times as well. I prefer to have a no nonsense doctor that actually cares rather than a doctor that just tells you what you want to hear. I've only gained a pound as I enter my second trimester and she told me what I need to do..no if ands or buts. That's exactly the kind of doctor I need and prefer...

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

Dr. Lin M. Vikner's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Top Hospitals in Paramus, NJ