Ratings for Dr. Mark J. Brescia

He's a great Dr he was so nice and sweet to my grandmother who's 85 he helped her with her issue and made her like a young lady and now She won't see any other on/gyn only him

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

I started going to Dr. Brescia back in 2005, after a terrible experience with another local doctor. I was still single then & three kids later, I still go to his practice. He delivered my first child, Dr. Migliaccio my second & Dr. Moon my third. I've always been treated well, all of the doctors in his practice are caring & knowledgeable. The staff can be hit or miss sometimes but generally average for our area. I doubt if there are any other practice whose staff is significantly better.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

His stone cold expression and demeaning tone of speech do not put the patient an ease. It is almost like he is talking down to you. he speaks as little as possible and frowns if you ask him something. There is always a long wait and you also have to deal with rude front desk staff and nurses with attitude. Overall, worth avoiding

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

I really like Dr Brescia. I feel like he takes a lot of time to go over my concerns and is extremely kind. In the past people have mentioned no ultrasound on site: they do have one now (as of last month) so thats really nice. Also I know other people have complained about the office staff: I've always found them to be nice too. The only problem I ever had is one once entered my room without knocking as I was sitting on the table in a gown. It may have been an honest mistake but still awkward! The only downside of this practice that I see is that none of the staff are very punctual. I usually have to wait an hour or so. But the upside of that is once I was extremely late and they didn't get mad at me or cancel my appt as other doctors may have done.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

I've been a patient of Dr. Brescia since 2009 starting with my first pregnancy. Including Dr. Brescia, all of the doctors have been great. Dr. Brescia may seem more matter of fact, but is very patient with any question you may have. I actually like the fact that he's not overly friendly. The other doctors especially Drs. Mig, Chinn, and Moon are extremely pleasant. Also I don't really understand why the staff are getting bad reviews... in my experience the past 3 years all of the nurses and the front desk staff have been nice. They may be a bit rushed at times when they are busy, but never rude.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2012

Dr. Brescia has been my Dr. for over 12 years. He has always made me feel comfortable and has always been there for me and my family when needed. He delivered my son in 2000. I highly recommend him as a Dr. As for his staff don't expect the best of service and the wait is long as well.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2012

This dr came highly recommended by people that did not even know each other. Very knowledgeable and caring. The staff on the other hand were rude, ghetto to say the least. I left that office after having to come back twice for blood work that only needed to be drawn once because another female dr in this practice did not order the right tests. simple tests to determine immunity. not only that but it took them over a month to get my paperwork back to me and I had to fight them to get it. In the end I did not get all my paperwork and I had to call back to get it faxed to me. i left and never looked back. such a shame he really was a good dr. but not worth the incompetency of their staff.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

There is definitely always a wait! I thought if I scheduled appts at 8AM it would be better, but still waited over an hour. Other then the wait I really like Dr Brescia. I never felt that he was rushing me in the least (perhaps thats why theres a long wait to see him!) He always answered my questions. Laughed at my dumb jokes and told a few of his own. And when my last pregnancy ended in miscarriage he was super sweet and gave me a big hug which honestly made me feel better. I would recommend this Dr as long as you can deal with the 1-2 hour wait.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

I've been coming to Dr Brescia for years. While he's pleasant and seemingly knowledgeable, the experience waiting at his office makes me seriously consider switching. I have (not exaggerating) spent 1.5 hours minimum waiting. It's legendary. When he brought on more doctors, I thought it'd get better, but it's still the same. He dramatically overbooks himself. He's a good doctor, but it's not worth going. Stay away.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2011

I like Dr. Brescia but if he refers you to the IRMS doctors in Livingston, don't go there. They are motivated by statistics and money and will not put your health and safety first.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011