Ratings for Dr. Johan Jacobs

Have been seeing Dr. Jacobs for about 10 years. He is an outstanding Dr., takes the time to explain things thoroughly to me. Staff could be more "customer friendly".

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Excellent doctor! He has my best interests in whatever it is I'm visiting to get dealt with. His bedside manners as a doctor is top shelf and his knowledge is unbelievable. I'm so happy to have Dr J Jacobs as my family doctor.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

My 78 year old mother went to complaing of a severe headache on the left side of her temple he told her she was having a migrane. My mother then went back a few days later and he still insisted she was having a migrane needless to say she left there dissatisfied. Two days later my brother rushed her to H.S.C to find out that she had a mild stroke and thank goodness she took and chewed two childrens asprins for those few days. He over medicated my mothers diabetic medication and she ended up in emergency with a blood glucose count of 1.7 , The emergency head doctor told her not yo take one of the medication and to see Doctor Jacobs A.S.A.P so i got her in to see him 3 days later.Jacobs was upset because i told him my mother was told not to take the medication and he said then maybe she should see him as a doctor. I told him i wanted him to refer her to a geriatric doctor needless to say he was rude and said i will give you 3 months of your mefs til you get another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Was a good Dr. when I first accessed his services. Now, I don't find his so. He is too busy and you're lucky if you can get 5 minutes, during which time he spends the entire time looking at his computer screen. When you've got a bug, his staff don't give a care that you're old and sick. They are there to talk to their boyfriends on the phone, and they seem to relish telling you he cant see you for at least 3 weeks, and you will need to see a walk in Dr. ....and the wait time is at least one hour.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

It is so hard to get a decent doctor in a relatively clean clinic in Winnipeg that I didn't want to lose my place as a patient in Dr Jacobs clinic despite having misgivings. After I had a miscarriage a few years ago I was devastated, and upon my first visit back to Dr Jacobs office he asked me how the baby was doing- I was shocked. When I said that I had had a miscarriage he swept it under the rug with a "right, right, sorry". I should have stopped seeing him then, but again, decent doctors are hard to find. The waiting room of the clinic is a little sketchy and you feel like you might get sick just waiting there, then you have to wait a long time to see the doctor and he rushes you through. If you can't make it to an appointment, for any reason, they charge you a fee. And now that I have moved to another province and need my records for my new doctor they are refusing to release them until I pay them. It's a small fee, and apparently the doctor has the right to charge it (most don't, but the way- the ones with scruples who aren't constantly out for a cash grab) but I am just so offended that he would take this opportunity to fiddle a few more dollars out of one of his patients- of course I need my records, so I have no choice in the matter. I will pay it and breathe a sigh of relief that I no longer have to see Dr Jacobs, or sit in his awful waiting room. Staff are not friendly and always seem annoyed. My advice would be to use the walk in service at the clinic until you can find a caring doctor who is interested in his patients and not just dollars. Talking to Dr Jacobs about your health is like talking to a robot, and if you ever need to move or find a new doctor they will hold your records hostage until you pay them.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

He should have his license revoked. Refuses to send someone to a specialist. Has missed TWO life threatening conditions to two family members and could care less. You have the flu... Nope! Stomach cancer. But hey, those are the same thing right? Awful.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Dr Jacobs is an amazing and competent Doctor, he takes care of my entire family and we would not have any other way, very professional and polite, when I read comments that he is rude I get confuse as to if we are talking about the same person. Be respectful and you will be treated with respect!!!! Only saying..... Would recommend him to anybody.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2015

DR. JACOBS IS AN AMAZING DOCTOR ! WOULD NEVER SEE ANYONE ELSE! REALLY TAKES HIS TIME TO MAKE SURE THAT I UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING. WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

Dr. Jacobs has been my doctor for 10 years, and has also become the doctor for my husband, my daughter, my sister, and several of my friends. Why? Because after I started as his patient, I was, and still am, thoroughly impressed with his knowledge and helpfulness. He treats all of our family with patience and good humour. He was quick to refer us to specialists , whenever necessary. While everyone is entitled to their opinion, I find that any negative reviews I have read about Dr. Jacobs to be very biased in nature. Dr. Jacobs is one of the best!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

Dr. Jacobs has been my GP for about 5 years now, and he has helped me through a lot. I have found him to be extremely knowledge, patient and understanding -- and I believe that any negative reviews on here are completely off-base.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015