Ratings for Dr. James B. Franko

This man does not need to be seeing patients at all. He has no human compassion for the elderly. The questions he ask my father was very inappropriate, and in front of a team of interns. This is one doctor that does not need to be teaching new doctors ever.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

12/15/11 I was diagnosed with lymphocytic colitis, began first treatment, and was discharged by Dr. Franco the same day. 12/16/11 I was transported by rescue squad to ER with violent symptons of L.C. When Dr. Franco saw me I began explaining the order of symptons that appeared. He turned to my husband and ask him to verify that I had those symptoms "did you see her vomit", "did you see the diarrhea", "how many times was she sick". As a conscious patient, Franco should have listened to me. He showed no signs of believing me and refused to admit me for treatment. I informed Franco that my Gastroenterologist wanted me admitted. Still, he would not. I was not stabilized enough to have been sent home on the 15th. When I arrived on 16th more ill than before, it was unconscionable to not be admitted. If that wasn't enough, Franco laughed at me. My husband said to him, "This isn't funny; my wife is sick." It is my opinion that a dr that laughs at a patient's symptoms lacks human compassion.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2011

Dr. Franko is one of the best doctors I have ever encountered. He showed genuine care for me while I was in the hospital as well as being very kind to my family. He was also very knowledgable and I felt I could trust him. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Franko

flag | Submitted January 28, 2011

My mother was admitted to Carilion for heart attack. Dr Franko was so rude to me on phone that I wish they never let him see a patient. He made me think it was my fault that my mother was dying.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2009

Dr. James B. Franko's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1984)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal