Ratings for Dr. Karen S. McDermott

I've found Dr. Karen McDermott and her staff to be caring, courteous, dedicated professionals. Her care plan for me was detailed and she let me know both advantages and disadvantages to any medication that was prescribed. I recommend Dr. McDermott to anyone not happy with their current medical provider. She and her staff are excellent!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2013

Dr. McDermott is a very caring and helpful Dr., but her staff is incredibly rude. If you are sick they (the staff) can be a huge hurdle to seeing a decent Dr.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2009

A word to the wise regarding Dr. McDermott - she runs hot and cold. One visit she'll be helpful and the next cold and uncaring. I finally had enough when she told dropped the bombshell that I had cancer but then wouldn't help get me scheduled with a specialist. She literally told me, "Good luck." It was up to me to do any and all follow-up scheduling. She had the nerve to tell me that it was fine if it took me 3 months to get scheduled with specialist - even when she suspected cancer. Pretty heartless to tell someone they've got cancer and then to be of no assistance! She's probably knowledgeable but has the people skills of a housefly!!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2008

Awesome doctor, if you can get an appointment with her, which means you need to get past the 85 questions when you call in. That guy that answers is sooooo rude ALL the time. Now Jane is a sweetheat with great phone manners & compassion. Dr MCD is very knowledgable & takes the time to hear you, so be prepared if she is not running on time, but it is worth it.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2007

Dr. Karen S. McDermott's Credentials

• University Of Nevada School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

• BCBS Illinois