Ratings for Dr. Michael Gilbart

I saw Dr. Gilbart back in November of 2016 for an ongoing hip injury (began in March 2016) that has led to debilitating chronic/neuropathic pain as well as weakness and limitation to mobility (pelvis slips out of alignment and the leg gives out). Firstly, I was charged 900.00 for my referral for a 10 minute appointment at 8pm that Dr. Gilbart was 40 minutes late for when I was the only patient in the whole office. Then he refused to even look at the images I brought (on a disc from the hospitals) and said because my pain was so severe I couldn't be treated and that he couldn't do anything about it and I'd have to live with it (none of which he bothered explaining why and dodged this question when my partner and I asked). It was absolutely ridiculous and I have since contacted the office about the lack of proper treatment - besides the terrible bedside manner and refusing to even look at my MRI's, MRA's, CT scans, x-rays and ultrasounds, to be charged 900.00 as a student who is unable to work due to my physical impairment for a 10 minute appointment where the surgeon was late shouldn't happen and I hope this review prevents it from happening to someone else. Then, Dr. Gilbart forgot to request a cortisone injection to check whether the issue really is inside the hip joint or outside - I only received the cortisone injection because my usual physician sent a request for me as well just in case. I have asked the office to book another appointment because for those of us who are injured, you know you are your best advocate in ensuring you aren't brushed off by the medical system. Best of luck and hope you have a better experience than I did.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Years of waiting for an appointment all he did in the end was lead me on that he was fully qualified to help. His procedure of synvisc was utterly useless; his cortisone injections only useful for at max 3 months.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Knee operation with Dr. Gilbart. Experienced, professional, and extremely caring. Very responsive and attentive post op. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

I had both shoulders ( rotator cuff) done , he did a fantastic job, I am very fortunate to have had him as my surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

I had a wonderful experience with dr. Gilbart. He did an anthroscopic knee surgery and provided amazing care both pre and post op. I feel blessed to have been looked after by him

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

It is unfortunate that Dr. Gilbart does not do hip plications, labral grafts or ligamentum teres grafts for hip instability. Why even bother getting the surgery when he will microfracture, but meanwhile the femur will just keeping getting beat up because it is rattling around in the socket! It is even more unfortunate that he and other surgeons won't send those of us with this existence to the states where they do know how to do these techniques.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Disaster, this doctor changed my family life in bad way . He made a terrible mistake in the order of knee surgery. I have records, evidence and opinions from other orthopedic surgeons. Just do not have a lawyer who would accept the case. I am still searching for lawyer.After few surgery he does not want to see my child any more.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

Dr Gilbart made an operation on my knee in May 2015. He has provided a good care, while cutting around the torn cartridge. My surgery experience with the doctor and his staff was wonderful and recovery was supper fast.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

I got in a car accident in 2013 when I was 22. I had a major labral tear in my left hip. When I finally found the right Dr to diagnose this in August 2014 I was immediately recommended to Dr Gilbart. I paid privately to get my consult and sugery. During my consult he was very honest and didn't sugar coat anything. It scared me when he said there is a chance the pain may not get better from surgery or it may get worse. After a few phone conversation with Gilbart after the consult I felt it was worth the risk. I had surgery with Gilbart Sept 1, 2015, I am now 4 months post surgery and I couldn't be happy. I am not longer living in pain and already have the mobility in my hip back which was taken away in the accident. I am getting back to my carrier as a personal trainer and hope that in the next year after I'm completely healed I can 100% have my active style back. Gilbart is the best for a reason! I couldn't be more thankful.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Back in 2008 I suffered a very bad injury water skiing in the US. I flew back to Vancouver and spoke with three different surgeons, all pointing me towards Dr. Gilbart. The injury was very rare and no one had any experience fixing it. Dr. Gilbart took on the task and put me back together. He then organized a physiotherapist who is the best in her area. Between the two of them I was able to get through the 9 months of rehab and get back to sports. This year I was at the world triathlon championships. Without Dr. Gilbart there is no way I could have regained the abilities I did.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

Dr. Michael Gilbart's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.