Ratings for Dr. Michael Gilbart

Disaster, this doctor changed my family life in bad way . He made a terrible mistake in the order of knee surgery. I have records, evidence and opinions from other orthopedic surgeons. Just do not have a lawyer who would accept the case. I am still searching for lawyer.After few surgery he does not want to see my child any more.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

Dr Gilbart made an operation on my knee in May 2015. He has provided a good care, while cutting around the torn cartridge. My surgery experience with the doctor and his staff was wonderful and recovery was supper fast.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

I got in a car accident in 2013 when I was 22. I had a major labral tear in my left hip. When I finally found the right Dr to diagnose this in August 2014 I was immediately recommended to Dr Gilbart. I paid privately to get my consult and sugery. During my consult he was very honest and didn't sugar coat anything. It scared me when he said there is a chance the pain may not get better from surgery or it may get worse. After a few phone conversation with Gilbart after the consult I felt it was worth the risk. I had surgery with Gilbart Sept 1, 2015, I am now 4 months post surgery and I couldn't be happy. I am not longer living in pain and already have the mobility in my hip back which was taken away in the accident. I am getting back to my carrier as a personal trainer and hope that in the next year after I'm completely healed I can 100% have my active style back. Gilbart is the best for a reason! I couldn't be more thankful.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Back in 2008 I suffered a very bad injury water skiing in the US. I flew back to Vancouver and spoke with three different surgeons, all pointing me towards Dr. Gilbart. The injury was very rare and no one had any experience fixing it. Dr. Gilbart took on the task and put me back together. He then organized a physiotherapist who is the best in her area. Between the two of them I was able to get through the 9 months of rehab and get back to sports. This year I was at the world triathlon championships. Without Dr. Gilbart there is no way I could have regained the abilities I did.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

I saw dr G for my left shoulder.... He completed a sub acromial decompression and a tenodesis.... Both very successful ops.... Not a better dr

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

I had arthroscopic surgery on my hip for a Labral tear 2 years ago. It did take over 3 years to get in to see Dr Gilbart. By that time, arthritis had set in. Regardless, he was very up front in terms of expected success. Results were better than expected. Should you need to see Dr. Gilbart, I would suggest paying the $500 to see him privately, then pop back in the public line for surgery.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

I had an ACL and meniscus tear the surgery was a complete success. With hard work on the rehab was back playing hockey 3 mths post-op. I've torn the ACL in my other knee and will not see another surgeon. I have complete confidence in Dr. Gilbart. The only complain and it may not have anything to do with him was the lead nurse after surgery, biggest bi%ch ever.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

This guy is a WORLD CLASS SURGEON and we're very fortunate to have him here in Canada. I had a supraspintus tear in my left shoulder that he repaired and its now like it never happened.Unfortunately another accident at work tore my right shoulder and he did the surgery two weeks ago. He and his team explained everything well, and gave me confidence with once again having surgery. Follow up was tremendous and his office visits were very helpful. He loves what he does and it shows in his excellent work. He's definitely a five star in every area. Once again we're very fortunate to have this caliber of surgeon here in B.C.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

No one ever answers phones, takes weeks just to hear from the receptionist. Dr Gilbart has a big ego and is condescending when you address concerns post op to him. He over books and then rushes through surgeries. Complete nightmare dealing with him and his staff. Botched my surgery and pretty well near impossible to address any concerns with him.

Submitted September 11, 2014

I had a partial ACL tear after hyper extending my knee, which should have completely torn the ACL. After MRI images all of my doctors were confused that my knee was as stable as it was. I am a UBC Athlete and was referred to Dr. Gilbart. He was extremely knowledgable, helpful and a very nice individual. My mother was very against my having surgery, however Dr. Gilbart eased her mind. On the surgery day I was told that it was very likely that I was going to have to get a full ACL reconstruction, however during the surgery, my knee was stable enough that I did not have to have the full surgery. Dr. Gilbart does not do unnesseccary surgery and gives proper post-op instructions. In my post-op appointment he was again very helpful and great. I know that if my knee ever bothers me again in the future, I will go to Dr. Gilbart.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013