Ratings for Dr. Linda A. Sheridan

Dr. Sheridan is an excellent physician. She is thorough and conscientious. She is an excellent listener and always addresses all my physical complaints. She has also given me excellent referrals to specialists. While not the warm and fuzzy type, it is always clear to me she cares a lot about her patients. I feel very fortunate to have had her as my internist for the past 15 years.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

Agree with other comments that she's curt and often impatient, which makes it difficult to talk to her. At best she seems bored. Good clinician or not, if her patients are uncomfortable talking to her, she can't provide high-quality care.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2010

She is curt and seems totally uninterested in what you are telling her- she seems knowledgeable but bored and borderline unpleasant. I went to see her twice in two years and she minimized my concerns. Despite my serious history, she treated me as I were a hypocondriac... if it weren't so difficult to find a doctor affiliated with a good hospital, I would definitely switch...

flag | Submitted January 12, 2010

Thorough, but not warm and fuzzy by any means. Suits the purpose of getting a physical, but not if you are looking for a comforting bedside manner. Can be curt and comes off as if she could care less as she’s heard it all before. But again, if you just want a physical, a few blood tests and don’t mind the cold shoulder…then she’s for you!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2009

Dr. Sheridan came highly recommended, but I've been seeing her for a couple of years with mixed feelings. I don't care for her manner -- she's usually perfunctory at best, rarely smiles, and I often feel rushed through the appointment. She seems bright but she also seems uninterested and sometimes (too often, in my opinion) impatient or curt. She doesn't seem to remember things that came up in the last appointment -- which isn't terrible, but I've never once seen her consult my chart before, during, or after my exam. I see her every 6 months at her request, but I get the strong feeling that, unless I present with a serious medical condition, I'm boring her or wasting her time. She also seems to order way too many tests. I don't need to love my doc's personality as long as she's a good clinician (and I really can't tell at this point), but I'd like to feel more comfortable talking to her than I do... I'm just tired of changing doctors every time my insurance changes.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2009