Dr. Ewell Lee Nelson

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ewell Lee Nelson

I suffered with back and leg pain for several years. Dr Nelson performed an L4-L5 fusion with laminectomy. I am now pain free. He is an excellent surgeon and his team is first rate. He spent a lot of time explaining the MRI and treatment options. He recommended the most conservative treatment and it was very successful. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2019

Dr Nelson is not only a brilliant and skilled neurosurgeon but also a lovely, compassionate and caring doctor. Dr Nelson performed a complex cervical procedure that was 100% successful. I credit the success to Dr Nelson's expertise, experience and skill. His followup and post surgical care were equally notable. Dr Nelson warrants my highest recommendation in every aspect of his medical practice.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2019

Dr. Nelson was a lifesaver for me. Prior to his care, my pain was so severe I was losing my ability to walk. Dr. Nelson told me he was confident he could correct my spinal stenosis. I awoke from surgery, pain-free, for the first time in two years.... I wept with gratitude! Dr. Nelson was empathetic to my concerns, confident, terrific in his post-surgery followup. He was patient and complete in his explanations, and optimistic but realistic in describing my post-op recovery. He has a great team of nurses, PAs, and office staff too. I give Dr. Nelson my highest recommendation, without any qualifications.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2019

Dr. Nelson was on call when a disk in my neck burst; he was very good at explaining what happened, what we were going to do, and then on the day of surgery, being calm, thoughful, and thorough in surgery. Followup visits were businesslike, informative and I felt that I was in extremely good hands!

Submitted November 17, 2015

In October 2015 i could not walk without extreme and constant pain. Lee performed a three level fusion( L 2-3,,3-4,and 4-5)on November 5 2014. I began playing golf again on March 30th...pain free. My life once again has quality. Lee is not only a skilled neurosurgeon but a kind and carting person. I was blessed to have been referred to him. In fact for our first appointment i was an hour early and he saw me within 15 minutes. In analyzing my issues , i could see his mind visualizing how he would perform the surgery. He even drew a graph of what he thought should be done!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Dr. Nelson gave back my quality of life 2 years ago with my back fusion surgery. After being in pain for years, Dr. Nelson and his staff always kept my expectations in line before my surgery. I never even dreamed I could be this pain-free again. Dr. Nelson and his staff -- Sara and Mike and Jennifer -- are the most professional and thoughtful medical team I've ever experienced. Thank you will never be enough........

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

My husband saw Dr. Nelson and he saved his life! He was kind and really did care about my husbands well being! We owe a big Thank you to him, his PA's and staff!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

Waited a 2weeks for an appointment with the P.A. then was treated like I was a leper when I didn't have my MRI cd. I was asked twice why I didn't have it and I informed the front staff twice that the other Dr's office stated they would email it with my records. I was then informed that,"that was not possible" , she then stared at me like I was lying. I asked if I should cancel the appointment. Luckily the PA came from the back and said it really wasn't that big of a deal, to be honest Sara Kadlec, PA-C saved the day. She was professional and explained everything very well with a great bed side manor. This was in October and the next available appointment was December 2nd. This was a bummer because the pinched nerve was driving me crazy. The PA did state that my next appointment would be a pre surgical and I could count on surgery within 10 to 14 days after. This was important as my detectables had been met and I sure didn't want to wait any longer. I get a courtesy call the day before the appointment to confirm and was informed that she (recipionist) was seeing I was being seen for a pre surgery appointment but should inform me that they were scheduleing into January unless I had sent in the proper paper work, WHAT PAPER WORK?? It was then very obvious that this office has there head up their A** and I was to blame for not getting in this paper work. I told her I would not need the appointment (and wait another 2 months?) she could give a darn about how long I waited, she then promptly hung up on me. I never did see Dr. Nelson and thanks to his staff never will.

Submitted December 1, 2014

Surgery coming up and he has prepared me quite well. Great bed side manner!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

Dr. Nelson was proactive, saving my husband an extra surgery. Dr. Nelson removed a cyst growing on the spine, but determined during process that he could use new methods to fuse two vertebrae at the same time. This saved my husband a return trip to the operating room to have the fusion. Dr. Nelson fully and clearly communicated all issues and procedures; he was on time, he followed up,and his staff were wonderful.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

Dr. Ewell Lee Nelson's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

Secure Horizons