Ratings for Dr. Ryan R. Stevens

My personal experience with Dr Stevens and his staff was terrible. .Dr Stevens was very disrespectful to me. Dr Stevens did not introduce himself to me when I met him for the first time. I introduced myself to him. He wanted me to have surgery without explaining my test results!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

Very kind and efficient . A very well run practice.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Really bad experience! Seven years ago my family doctor sent me to see him because I had the right tonsil bigger than the other and other problems. He told me that I was fine, when I asked him about my tonsil he said "you are broken, some people have and ear bigger than the other, you have a tolsil bigger than the other" I told him that I was felling something, I asked him about some test and he said that it wasn't necessary. You are fine"he said" so I left his office thinking that I was fine. Five months ago another specialist saw my tonsils and he told me that this was very dangerous, he told me that I have to removed my tonsils immediately! So he removed them and he was correct! He found a big tumor in my throat! The reason why the tonsil was enlarged was because the tumor was pushing it out!! All this years this tumor is been growing and now the specialist doesn't know how to remove it, it is going to be very dangerous! Dr. Ryan didn't send me to have the necessary test, so he missed the tumor! Now I am in a very difícil situación because of him. The specialists have to make sure that they are not missing anything, if there are signs of something going on, they have to make sure sending you to have all the necessary test, but he didn't do it!!! Having a tonsil bigger than the other it wasn't normal as he said!!!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

I have been in to see Dr. Stevens many times over the course of 4-5 years and have never had to wait more than a few minutes, have never felt like he rushed or missed anything. He has performed the necessary tests during the visit and checked the results immediately. We've had 3 ear tube surgeries performed by him and each experience was just as you would expect it to be. My children feel comfortable in his hands. I am surprised by the negative reviews because my experience has been completely the opposite! I recommend Dr. Ryan Stevens to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

Since I'm a new patient, I was charged $234 for consultation fee which includes ears, nose, throat and other procedure. I agreed to pay that amount as long as they can help me remove this wax that is in my ear (people saw it in my ear just by looking at it and I can feel it sometime blocking my hearing). During the day of the visit, the doctor spend a total of AT MOST 5 minutes looking at everything and said all is fine. He looked in my ears at a quick glance with his microscope and said there was nothing. I'm pretty sure if he looked closely,there is something. After quick inspection, they said I can go and didn't at least try to do a vacuum suction to remove anything.I called back & ask if they can try harder, but they said I will be charged for another visit.I just wanted the doctor to look carefully. What I need is not just a quick glance,but a procedure to remove ear wax. I don't like the customer service and I think it's highly POOR.I will not come back to this office ever again.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

Dr.Ryan R. Stevens is an awful doctor. I was charged $100 upfront before I even got to see the doctor. When I finally got to see Dr. Stevens, he talked to me for about 2 mins about my persistently enlarged tonsils, only asked the most basic of questions and did not seem very interested or concerned with my responses. He then took a quick look at my tonsils, did not offer to run any sort of tests to determine if there was a chronic infection or anything that would cause my condition, and just prescribed a nasal steroid to try and curb my runny nose. That was it. He made no effort or suggestion about the cause of my condition and had no interest in investigating why my tonsils are larger than normal. I will never be going back to him again and I have told everyone I know how awful he is to make sure that they don't waste their money on a crap doctor.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

DO NOT GOT HERE. While waiting for my appointment a nurse came out and spoke to me and thought that Dr. Stevens would want me to take a hearing test which cost $100 out of pocket. I went to their separate office, took then test, then returned to the waiting room. I waited another HOUR AND HALF to be seen by Dr. Stevens. Durring the appointment he pretty much wanted to know my life story, asked way more about me personally than about my ear concerns. Never went over the test I spent $100 for. In his conclusion he listed my parents separation as a cause for ear and jaw pain. In the follow up letter he wrote to my GP he mentioned that my parents were separated (how is this even relevant to my ear pain? Why would a doctor care? who knows..) and said that I should have an ultrasound of my thyroid. Turns out he added part of another patient's follow up report to mine. It was seriously the worst experience I have EVER had with a doctor. Don't waste your time or your money. Seriously.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

Dr. Stevens was two hours late and we were the first appointment of the day. My daughter developed a fever of 104 the next day after her surgery with Dr. Stevens, when we called to make an appointment for that day the receptionist was very rude and said that the best she could do was a 4:30 pm the following day. I took my daughter to the ER, where she was diagnosed with septic shock from her tonsillectomy. She was rushed to Dornbechers Childrens Hospital, and spent 4 days. Dr. Stevens never called to see how she was doing at all. Poor bedside manner and follow-up.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2011

Dr. Stevens is one of the best ENT doctors I've ever had. He is VERY knowledgeable. We travel a long way (for us) to see him, from Otter Rock, Oregon over to Corvallis. He's treated me for a condition no other doctor had a clue what to do about. Even if I moved out of state, we'd travel back to Oregon to see him. Yes, we like him a lot. No, we're not his staff or relatives. I just really appreciate a good doctor when I find one. He's a keeper. He's helped me and my family tremendously. We can't thank him enough for all he's done.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

Too rushed. He did not do both surgeries at the same time. No follow up tests. He is nice, but I feel my daughter deserved better.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2007

Dr. Ryan R. Stevens's Credentials

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1995)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal