Ratings for Dr. Robert H. Chu

I have no doubt that Dr. Chu has the skill to treat the emergency or real eye issues. I do not recommend routine check up. He will let you do unnecessary test which insurance does not covered and ended with high bill. Me too, paid triple $$$ for visit his office once. I never go back. The price just very unreasonably high.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

I highly recommend Dr. Chu and Dr. Lin for your eye care. I am so grateful and happy that I was referred to this office. From day one I have been treated with the utmost respect and care. My initial call to the office determined I had an emergency, I was immediately scheduled to see Dr. Chu that day and thank goodness I did! He has the most caring demeanor and one can tell he was genuinely concerned about my eye issue and well being, Dr. Chu discussed how it happened and determined the best treatment. He’s one of the best! A month later I was back and seen by Dr. Lin, she too expressed genuine concern and care. I’m not sure why there are bad reviews about the front desk and this practice on this page, to me it’s actually quite the opposite, I love this office and I will tell you I won’t go anywhere else for my eye care! Thank you Dr. Chu, Dr. Lin and the front office staff!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

The medical bill was outrageous and is totally too expensive, especially if the patients do not have medical insurance. He is lacking of patience and only spend very little time with patients but has charged a very high medical costs. I won't recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

State of the art equipment. Assistants very professional and polite. Dr. Chu is an excellent eye dr - very skillfull - esp surgically. Whole family goes to him. He is efficient and does not waste time - including his. May seemed rushed at times because of this. But he will take his time when the situation calls for it.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2012

I had to wait more than a hour before he saw me. He was very impatient with me, he spent about 10 minutes visiting and didn't explain my problems and didn't even fully answer to my questions but walked me to the exit and ran to see another patient. I am very unsatisfied and will find a better and more professional Doctor.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2011

Dr Chu has been my doctor for more than 8 years. He has performed cataract surgery on both my eyes and I no longer need to wear glasses. My family and I are very fortunate to have him as our eye doctor. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2011

Dr Chu was very impatient with my father and seemed so concerned with the time like he had another patient. My father would not go back to him even though he needed surgery. We found another doctor who was nice and effective.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2011

spent only a few seconds w/me while the student trainees appeared lacking in all arenas. would not revisit

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

I had to fight to get my prescription for glasses. Dr. Chu has his own optical store on-site and does not give you your prescription to force you to buy your glasses from him. Insist on getting a copy of your prescription and they will eventually back down.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2007

Dr. Chu has been my physician since 1994, when optic neuritis occured in my right eye (and I was diagnosed with MS as a result). He is one of the smartest, kindest doctors I know; I am thrilled and grateful to have him as a member of my health care team.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2007

Dr. Robert H. Chu's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Rockville, MD