Ratings for Dr. Jerome L. Shupack

Very knowledgeable about the treatment of psoriasis but more interested in fees than the patient. Long waits and the most miserable office staff I have ever encountered. Especially his manager Maureen who is truly the nastiest and rudest person I have ever met. I wouldn't go there again even if I was covered from head to toes with sores and scale.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

Dr. Shupack is a lifesaver. His knowledge is beyond most. I can't praise him enough! I must say that the woman that usually answers his phone is,(I don't want to use a curse), brusque, to say the least.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2013

I travel from Eastern Long Island to see Dr. Shupack.My sister and I make a day of it.Sometimes I wait sometimes I dont.I try to be his first patient after lunch.I would wait as long as it takes.Dr. Shupack saved my life.I have a raging case of psriosis,uncureable.He has managed it with meds and follows my bloodwork to make sure my organs arent being comparmised.His staff are as nice to me as I am to them.I never give them a hard time for my wait.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

One of the best dermatologist in the United States, NYU should be happy to have such a wonderful, smart physician on faculty

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

Dr. Shupack worked for years to help me, continually trying new treatments until something clicked. He truly cares for his patients and it shows. Like most doctors, he will fall behind the schedule later in the day. So, bring a book and plan to wait. You are waiting because he is an outstanding physician who dedicates whatever time a patient needs. If you have a skin condition and live near New York City, you cannot do better.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011

I certainly do not mind waiting for an excellent doctor, however, this MD is not worth the excessive wait. He has a stellar reputation as a diagnostician but I found him wholly unhelpful, dismissive and a poor communicator.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011

flag | Submitted December 6, 2010

I have mixed feelings. On the one hand he was the only one out of maybe 7 who was actually able to help me and so I’m grateful. But after the 1st few visits, wait time could be as much as 2 hours. I grew weary of traveling over an hour , usually waiting for at least half an hour, and then actually seeing him for about 5 minutes. After a time, he never looked at my skin again and if he had been so inclined, a phone call could have accomplished the exact same thing. All he did was review my blood work which really didn’t require me to be there. I stopped going after a few years and my internist has taken over. As to the staff -at the time I was going the person was efficient, but not very friendly. As a patient I’d like to have both in the first person I see when I go to the doctor. But you’re not there for the staff. If you have an unresolved or puzzling skin disorder, he’s the go to guy. Very smart, very nice - just be prepared to wait.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2010

Dr. Shupack is a first-class dermatologist. He knows his specialty well. His Office Manager is nasty and elitist. I stopped going to this doctor because I would often be in the waiting room up to 2 hours after my scheduled appointment.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Shupack for over 2 years now for Prurigo Nodularis. He is very innovative, and is interested in trying new treatments and therapies for conditions that have no cure. I went to him specifically interested in trying one particular medication. He gave me some other information on other alternatives that he has seen success with in other patients with my condition. I tried the other alternative for a while, then we tried the other treatment, which was somewhat of an improvement to the alternative his suggested. He is extremely patient, pleasant, and caring. Unfortunately, his full time staff person is not always pleasant, and I have waited in the waiting room for more than an hour, more than once.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2008

Dr. Jerome L. Shupack's Credentials

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1963)

Unicare