Ratings for Dr. Helen T. Nguyen

I'm not sure why the negative comment was left about the nurse or the staff, but I found it to be quite opposite. My son goes there for shots, and he absolutely loves the nurse! She gives the best shots, and he says he doesn't even feel them. On our initial visit, she was great with him - and he walked in rather frightened. The nurse joked with him, and put him at ease. He was scared for the first shot, too, but after the first shot he was at ease every time after that. Dr. Nguyen has helped my son greatly. Staff is good, and reception area if very friendly. Office visits sometimes run behind, but you will find that in most any physician's office.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

I can't say enough good about Dr. Nguyen in the limited space I have. She is great and keeps updated in the world of medicine. Her staff are friendly, professional, and it is a pleasure to see them on a regular basis. While I see complaints in ratings about outdated waiting room furniture...it is more than made up for in service and price. Language is not an issue at all.They have done more for me and helped my allergies more than any other doctor/staff. I would highly recommend Dr. Nguyen.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Her nurse is extremely rude and acts like she hates everyone. Waiting room is outdated...old hard plastic chairs to wait in. Outdated reading material while you wait.

Submitted November 14, 2014

Perhaps its the language barrier, but this doctor came off as rude. I brought my toddler daughter in to see her from a referral from her pediatrician because she had a rare allergy. The first words out of the doctor's mouth was: "Why are you here?" Like, why are you wasting my time? Not a "What can I help you with"... it was awful! I ended up explaining more about my daughter's condition to her than she did to me... she had NO treatment suggestions, and had no interest in helping me learn more about my daughter's illness. The one thing she did suggest was merely confirmation of a small fact I already knew. I should've gone to Children's Mercy in KC, but thought since this was closer it'd be easier... wrong.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

Dr. Nguyen is great, she makes my son feel so comfortable. She knows her stuff and doesn't beat around the boat about things. We have been seeing her for three years and I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

Dr Helen and her staff are AMAZING! They are friendly and efficient. Dr Helen is very knowledgeable and offers free samples to try out before you spend money on prescriptions. She MOST definitely has the best interest of her patients in mind. THANK YOU Dr HELEN!!!!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

went to her for a rash that covered 90% of my body/hands and feet were peeling away. she barely looked at the rash, she kept yawning and told me to use vinegar in the bath water,sorry Iwasted my time and hers.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2006

Dr. Helen T. Nguyen's Credentials

• Med & Pharm Univ, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (942-01 Eff 1/83) (Grad. 1972)

Top Urgent Care Centers in St. JOSEPH, MO